Expression of Interest of Director Cultural Affairs
Department of Culture, Chandigarh Administration.
Expression of Interest (E.O.I)
Expression of Interest (E.O.I) is invited from any Firm / Company / Registered Society / Registered Club for setting up a Museum for display of Classic & Vintage Cars, Motorcycles and Scooters at Ground Floor of Government Press Building Sector-18, Chandigarh. The details relating to eligibility criteria, terms and conditions and other information relating to this E.O.I can be downloaded from the website www.chdpr.gov.in and www.chdca.gov.in. The last date for submission of proposal is 31/12/2020 by 5:30 PM.
The Schedule of Events is as under:-
Start Date for submission EOI
End Date for Start Date for submission EOI
31/12/2020 by 5:30 PM
Project Briefing Meeting
07/01/2021 at 3:00 PM
Date of Presentation
To be notified separately
Department of Culture,
Setting up an Automobile Museum for Display of Classic & Vintage Cars, Motorcycle and Scooters at Government Press Building, Sector-18, Chandigarh.
Expression of Interest
The Department of Culture, UT, Chandigarh is planning to set up a Museum for Display of Classic & Vintage Cars, Motorcycles at Ground Floor of Government Press Building, Sector-18, Chandigarh. Management contract to run, operate and maintain the Museum for a period of 3 years (extendable to 5 years) for which an Expression of Interest is invited from intending eligible entities (also referred to as “Interested Party”) of India. The Department will provide civil infrastructure completely ready for the project.
- To evolve a multi-experiential facility that displays Classic and Vintage Cars, Motorcycles and Scooters.
- To establish a space that engages visitor participation and providing a space for entertainment.
The heritage building of Government Press at Sector -18, Chandigarh, Ground Floor, having an area of 16000 Sq. Ft approximately. This is supposed tobe one of the first Glass Heritage Buildings in India. It will house approximately 28 Vintage Cars and 50 motorcycles/scooters. The interested party may visit the site at his own cost before submission of EOI. The site plan is attached herewith as Annexure –A.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Design a Museum for Classic & Vintage Cars, Motorcycles and Scooters.
- Display of Classical Cars, Motorcycles and Scooters.
- Coordinate with intending citizens/ parties of India for display of their vehicles in the museum.
- Procurement and arrangement of Classic & Vintage Cars, Motorcycles and Scooters from owners.
- Provide & ensure high level security arrangements for the safety of museum as well as of the vehicles with insurance at their own cost.
- Running, operation and maintenance of the Museum at their own cost and services.
- The Interested Party shall run a cafeteria/ souvenir shop in the premises of the museum in order to earn revenue. The empty space within the proposed museum for café backend / souvenir shop and that for café/sitting lounge will be provided by the Department. However, any alteration and additional infrastructure required for operating the café backend/souvenir shop including the café/sitting lounge will be arranged by the Interested Party in consultation with the Department of Cultural Affairs, UT, Chandigarh.
- May organize promotional activities such as exhibitions, school programs, workshops, weekend learning activities etc, launch of new models and variants of vehicles, celebrity visits etc.
- The Interested Party shall charge entry ticket from the visitors, the rates of which will be determined by the department.
- The Interested Party will be allowed to generate revenues from advertisement and promotional activities from the facilities in the Museum.
- The visitor’s timings may be determined by the Interested Party.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
The Interested Party should have the experience as follows:-
Any firm/ company/ registered society/registered club having experience in successfully setting up/running/operation and maintenance of similar museum, vintage car exhibitions, car rallies etc for a minimum of 3 years.
Submission of documents:
The Interested Party shall submit following information as part of EoI:
- Profile details.
- Capability Statement highlighting relevant experience.
- Operational plan for running & maintenance of the museum.
- Provide evidence of relevant experience, successfully completed in the immediate past 3 years with details of project value and applicant’s role.
- Details of the layout, designs, drawings, photographs of the proposed museum.
- List of the existing/proposed tie–up with vehicle owners, companies etc if any.
- The details of team and Staff proposed to be deployed for the project alongwith their relevant skill.
- The approximate running and maintenance ost that will have tobe inurred for the project.
- Audited Financial Statements for last 3 years.
Other Terms and Conditions:
- The Interested Party shall provide details of any other such similar set ups by them alongwith necessary documentary evidence of their successful functioning and shall attach the performance certificates.
- The time required for setting up, operations and maintenance will also be indicated.
- The Interested Party while setting up / operation of the museum shall follow all necessary regulations of the concerned Regulatory Authority.
- The Interested Party will fully bear the expenditure towards electricity, water charges, and other charges, if any.
- The Interested Party will be liable to pay all applicable taxes except property tax.
- The Interested Party will be required to submit performance/bank guarantee as fixed by the Chandigarh Administration at the time of signing the agreement.
- The Department of Cultural Affairs, UT Chandigarh will hand over the civil structure of the museum completely ready with non liabilities.
- After the expiry of the validity of the agreement, the project site/museum and cafeteria shall transferred to the Department of Cultural Affairs, UT Chandigarh, with no liabilities.
- The Secretary, Department of Culture, UT, Chandigarh has the right to select or reject any /or all proposal without assigning any reason.
- In case of any dispute, the matter shall be referred to Administrator whose decision will be final and binding.
Submission of EOI:
- Interested Parties may send their “Expression of Interest” to office of Director, Department of Cultural Affairs, UT, Chandigarh at the address mentioned below latest by 31/12/2020 upto 5:30 PM. The covering envelope containing the EOI should be inscribed on top- “Expression of Interest for Selection of Interested Party for Classic & Vintage Cars, Motorcycles and Scooters Museum at the Government Press Building, Sector-18, Chandigarh”. The soft copies of the EOI shall also be emailed at: email@example.com.
- Project Briefing meeting will be held on 07/01/2021 at 3:00 PM in the office of Secretary, Department of Culture, Room No.432, 4th Floor, UT Secretariat, Sector-9, Chandigarh.
- The shortlisted parties shall be called for a presentation which shall comprise of designs, 3D models, sketches, Drawings, Walk through presentations. The schedule of the presentation shall be intimated at a later stage.
For further information please contact:
Department of Culture, UT, Chandigarh
Ground Floor, UT Secretariat, Sector-9, Chandigarh
Tel. No : 0172-2745327.