Appointment notice of Chief Architect, Deptt. of Urban Planning - 3174
CHANDIGARH ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT OF URBAN PLANNING
U.T. SECRETARIAT, DELUXE BUILDING, SECTOR-9, CHANDIGARH,
Applications are invited by 21.12.2020 upto 5.00 P.M. for engaging retiree/pensioner retired from the Government of India/State Governments/Union Territory Administrations/Boards/Corporations on contract basis for a period of six months or till the post is filled up on regular basisas per details given below :-
Name of Post
Senior Town Planner
Number of Post
Last basic pay drawn before retirement minus pension before commutation plus DA as applicable from time totime.
Period of Contract
The engagement shall initially be for a period of six months or till the post is filled up on regular basis either by direct recruitment or by promotion as the case may be, whichever is earlier, further extendable on six monthly basis, but in no
case it shall be beyond 65 years;
The retiree/pensioner shall be engaged on the post from which he/she retired or on equivalent post and not against a post higher than the one he held before retirement.
Less than 65 advertisement;
The Applications in the prescribed format addressed to Chief Architect, Chandigarh Administration alongwith self attestedsupporting documents i.e. age, one passport size photograph, retirement order, copy of PPO must reach in the office of the Chief Architect, Deptt. of Urban Planning, Chandigarh Administration, Room No.322, 3rd Floor, U.T. Secretariat Building Sector-9 D, Chandigarh., Deluxe Building, U.T. Secretariat, Sector-9, Chandigarh – 160009 on or before 21.12.2020 till5.00 P.M. The advertisement, terms and conditions of appointment, selection criteria, Application format and Agreement can be downloaded from the website of the Department i.e. http://urbanplanning.chd.gov.in and http://chdpr.gov.in.
Deptt. of Urban Planning,
The selection of the retirees/pensioners for engagement as Senior Town Planner on contract basis in the Town Planning Wing, Department of Urban Planning, Chandigarh Administration shall be made by the Selection Committee through Interview who will recommend a panel of suitable candidates from amongst the applicants.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS OFAPPOINTMENT
- The engagement of the retiree / pensioner shall initially be for a period of six months or till the post is filled up on regular basis either by direct recruitment or by promotion as the case may be, whichever is earlier, further extendable on six monthly basis, but in no case it shall be beyond 65 years. The extension beyond one year on every occasion shall be with the prior approval of Finance Department, Chandigarh Administration;
- The pay shall be determined as under:-
The remuneration of retiree / pensioner of his / her engagement will be fixed at the stage i.e. last basic pay draw by him before retirement minus pension before commutation plus DA as applicable from time to time. No other allowance, whatsoever, shall be payable to him / her. However, he / she will continue to draw separately any pension sanctioned to him/her and shall retain any other form of retirement benefits;
- The retiree / pensioner engaged on contract basis shall be entitled for 06 days casual leave during contract of six months and no leave of any other kind will be admissible. In case of availing leave beyond this limit, his / her salary shall be deducted on pro ratabasis;
- The retiree / pensioner engaged on contract basis shall observe office hours as per the norms of the department / organization in which he/she shall be engaged. Further, he/she shall devote his whole time to his duties during the period of contract and shall not accept any other appointment / engagement, paid or otherwise and shall not engage himself / herself in private practice of any kind during the period ofcontract;
- Engaging of retiree / pensioner shall purely be contractual arrangement and he/she shall have no right against the post whatsoever and shall not be entitled to any other benefit except salary as mentioned above;
- The services of retiree / pensioner shall be discontinue by giving one month’s notice from eithersideatanytime.However,thecontractofengagementwillbediscontinued,the
moment direct recruitee / promotee, as the case may be, joins the post without giving any notice in this regard;
- No Vigilance / court case / disciplinary action should be pending against retiree / pensioner shall be sought before the engagement on contractbasis;
- The pensioners / retirees to be engaged shall have to execute an agreement with the HOD of the concerned department, in the form ofagreement;
- The abovementioned terms and conditions of engagement have already been framed by the DOP in its policy vide Notification dated9.10.2018.
Application for the post of SENIOR TOWN PLANNER (Retiree on contract basis) in the Town Planning Wing, Department of Urban Planning, Chandigarh Administration
Self Attested Recent Passport sizephotograph
- Name of theApplicant
- Date ofBirth
- Date of Retirement _______________________
- Name of Post from which retired. ________________________
- Name of Deptt/Ministry
Govt. Organisation/PSU etc,. _______________________
- Post Pay Band
at the time of retirement______________________
- Last Pay drawn
at the time of retirement______________________
- Address for Correspondence
- Current Pension details ___________________________
- Email id
- Service Details
Name of Department
were service rendered
Period of service
Declaration:-I S/o , do hereby certify that the above information is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. Further, there is no criminal / vigilance enquiry / proceedings pending or likely to be contemplated against me as ondate.
Place:- (Signature ofApplicant)
ARTICLES OF AGREEMENT is madeonthis dayof Two
Shri at presentresidingat (hereinafter referred to as party of the first part) and the “The Chandigarh Administration “(hereinafter referred to as “The Administration”) of the secondpart.
WHEREAS it has been agreed between the parties that the party of the first part shall beengagedas in theDepartment/Office
with effect from
for a periodof
year (s)/month (s) or until furthers orders on contract basis on the terms and conditions hereincontained.
NOW THESE PRESENTS WITNESSES AND THE PARTIES HERETO RESPECTIVELY AGREE AS FOLLOWS:-
- The Chandigarh Administration has agreed to engage the party of the first part and the party of the first part has agreed to serve the Chandigarh Administration,as
in the Department/Office of with effectfrom for aperiodof year (s)/month(s) or until further orders on contract basis on the terms and conditions herein contained. The party of the first part shall submit himself to the orders of the Chandigarh Administration and of the officers and authorities under whom he may from time to time be placed by the Chandigarh Administration and shall remain in the service subject to the provisions hereincontained.
- The party of the first part shall observe office hours as per the norms of the department/ organization in which /pensioner shall be engaged. Further he/she shall devote his whole time to his duties during the period of contract and shall not accept any other appointment/engagement, paid or otherwise and shall not engage himself/herself in private practice of any kind during the period ofcontract.
- The engagement of the party of the firstpartas in the Department/Officeof shall continue for aperiodof year (s)/month(s) or until further orders of the Chandigarh Administration/Department/Office, subject to the provisions contained in the following clause.
- The service of the party of the first part be discontinued by giving one month’s notice in writing any time during the terms of the engagement under this Agreement either by the party of the first part to the Chandigarh Administration or by the Chandigarh Administration or its authorized officer to the party of the first part without assigninganyreasonswhatsoever.However,thecontractofengagementwillbe
discontinued, the moment direct recruitee/promotee joins the post without giving any notice in this regard.
- The party of the first part shall be entitled to receive pay/remuneration by either of the followingprovisions:-
The remuneration of retiree/pensioner on his/her engagement will be fixed at the stage i.e. last basic pay drawn by him before retirement minus pension before commutation plus DA as applicable from time to time. No other allowance, whatsoever, shall be payable to him/her. However, he/she will continue to draw separately any pension sanctioned to him/her and shall retain any other form of retirementbenefits.
- The aforesaid salary shall be paid to the party of the first part for such time as he shall serve under this Agreement and actually perform his/her duties commencing from the aforesaid date and ceasing on the date of his quitting service or on the date of his discharge therefrom or on the expiration of his term of service under this Agreement or on the day of his death, if he shall die whilst in service. He shall not be entitled to any allowances, financial benefits or concessions as admissible to regular Government employees.
- Now withstanding anything hereinbefore, if the party of the first part is required to travel in the interest of the public service, he shall be entitled to travelling allowance on the scale provided in the Punjab Civil Services Rules Volume II(Travelling Allowance Rules), as amended from time to time (which are also applicable to the employees of the Union Territory of Chandigarh) and applicable in the case of corresponding permanent employees of the lowestgrade.
- The party of the first part shall be entitled, subject to the exigencies of public service, to casual leave of six days in sixmonths.
- The engagement of the party of the first part is purely contractual in nature and does not confer upon him/her any right for regularization or permanent absorption in Government service. He/She shall not be entitled to any benefit like leave encashment, Provident Fund, Pension, Gratuity, Medical Allowance, Seniority, Promotion etc. or any other benefits available to the Government employees appointed on regularbasis.
- In respect of any matter relating to the conduct, discipline and other conditions of service and in respect of which no provision has been made in this Agreement, the provisions of the Government Employees (Conduct) Rules, 1966 and the Punjab Civil Services (Punishment and Appeal Rules), 1970, or any other rules made or deemed to be made under article 309 of the Constitution of India, as applicable to the employees of UT Chandigarh shall apply to the party of the first part of the extent to which they are applicable to the service hereby provided for and the decision of the Government as to their applicability shall befinal.
< >If any declaration given or information furnished by the party of the first part proves to be false or if he/she is found to have willfully suppressed any material information, his/her engagement contract shall be discontinued without any notice and will also be liable for any such other action as the Chandigarh Administration may deem necessary.The stamp duty payable on this Agreement shall be borne by the Chandigarh Administration.IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have hereunto set and subscribe their respective hands and seal, the day and year herein above written.
ExecutedbyShri at Name Designation Address
Executed for and on behalf of the Administrator,UT,Chandigarh at Name Designation Address