Awareness Camp on Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
Considering that land resources in Chandigarh are extremely small and expensive, it has been decided to implement the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) vertical under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (PMAY-Urban). Under this scheme, certain subsidy of interest on the loan amount is provided to the eligible beneficiaries for construction & purchase of house and also for addition in the existing house. Following are eligible to avail the benefit of the interest subsidy:
- Economic Weaker Section (EWS) having household income upto Rs.3.00 lakh per annum. – Loan upto Rs.6.00 lakh and total interest saving upto Rs.6.00 lakh in 20 years.
- Low Income Group (LIG) having household income between Rs.3.00 lakh to Rs.6.00 Lakh per annum. - Loan upto Rs.6.00 lakh and total interest saving upto Rs.6.00 lakh in 20 years.
- Middle Income Group (MIG-I) having household income from Rs.6.00 lakh to Rs.12.00 Lakh. - Loan upto Rs.9.00 lakh and total interest saving upto Rs.5.40 lakh in 20 years.
- Middle Income Group (MIG-II) having household income from Rs.12.00 Lakh to Rs.18.00 Lakh per annum. - Loan upto Rs.12.00 lakh and total interest saving upto Rs.5.28 lakh in 20 years.
The Chandigarh Housing Board, in association with the Punjab National Bank (lead bank) and other banks located in Chandigarh organized a two days Awareness Camp at different locations in Chandigarh on 06.10.2020 and 07.10.2020. The locations where the Awareness Camp were organized are: -
- Colony No.4, Industrial Area, Phase-I, Chandigarh (Adjoining Govt. School)
- Azad Colony, Sector 53, Chandigarh (Behind Furniture Market)
- Near Prefab Shelter, Sector 56/ORT, Sector 56, Chandigarh
- Shahpur Colony, Sector 38 (West), Chandigarh (Opposite Central Park)
- Janta Colony, Sector 25, Chandigarh (Adjoining SCOs 38W, Near Roundabout of Sector 38/25)
- CHB Housing Complex, Dhanas, Chandigarh (Adjoining Govt. School)
- Ram Darbar, Phase-I & II, Chandigarh (Adjoining CTU Bus Stop)
- Bapu Dham Colony, Sector 26, Chandigarh
- CHB Housing Complex, Manimajra, Chandigarh (Adjoining Category-IV Flats/Manimajra Gate)
- Sector 45, Chandigarh (Burail) (Adjoining Bus Stop)
- Sector 42, Chandigarh (Atawa)
- Sector 41 (Baheri) (Adjoining Open Area of Sector 41 Market)
- Village Maloya (Near CTU Bus Stop)
During this two days camp around 600 persons were educated by bank and CHB officials about the scheme and the benefits provided under various categories (EWS, LIG and MIG) which can be availed by them under CLSS component of PMAY(Urban). All required assistance will be provided by the Chandigarh Housing Board and by the bank to facilitate loan to the beneficiaries in CLSS vertical of the Pardhan Mantri Awas Yojna (Urban).