COVID19 WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
05th October, 2020
Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser to the Administrator and Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police at Punjab Raj Bhawan. Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation, Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, UT & Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services & Director Principal, GMCH attended through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. Director, PGIMER stated that they have 172 covid patients in Nehru Extension Block, out of which 58 belong to Chandigarh, 65 to Punjab, 24 to Haryana, 14 to Himachal Pradesh and 11 to other states. He also informed that PGIMER has tested 939 covid samples, out of which 72 were found positive. Dr. Kohli of PGIMER also informed that arrangements for regular dialysis of covid positive patients have been streamlined. The patients are provided with ambulance facilities to come from home and return back after doing maintenance dialysis in PGIMER. Director Principal, GMCH stated that they have tested 1,168 covid samples, out of which 143 were found positive. He also mentioned that they have 212 covid patients in various hospitals being supervised by them. Dr. Amandeep Kang, Director Health Services stated that they have tested 211 covid samples and fortunately only 4.9% positivity has been reported. Dr. Kang also stated that she has carried on field inspections and talked to Home Quarantined patients. The Administrator directed Director Health Services to ensure that there is regular checking of oxygen level of the patients under Home Quarantine.
2. Deputy Commissioner, Mohali stated that they have 1,537 active cases. Deputy Commissioner, Panchkula stated that they have 661 active cases and Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh stated that they have 1,673 active cases.
3. Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation stated that regular spraying of insects and fogging of the areas have been done to prevent vector and water borne diseases. The Administrator complimented the Municipal Corporation for this effort which has led to reduction in Dengue cases.
4. Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh stated that 9,450 quintals of paddy has been purchased by the Food Corporation of India in Chandigarh. He also stated that 18,990 challans have been issued for violation of covid guidelines issued by Ministry of Home Affairs.
5. The Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT directed that Health Administration should focus on economically weaker sections, so that there is no outbreak of corona in those areas, which are generally congested and crowded. He also directed the doctors’ Committees to review the situation on daily basis and recommend remedial measures accordingly.
6. The Administrator directed Secretary Personnel to discuss with Panjab University, if they could conduct the remaining typing test by strictly following covid protocol issued by Ministry of Home Affairs.
7. The Administrator directed all concerned to focus on 3Ts : Testing, Tracking & Treatment.