COVID19 WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
Chandigarh.28th September, 2020:Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser to the Administrator and Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police at Punjab Raj Bhawan. Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, UT & Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services & Director Principal, GMCH attended through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. Dr. Jagat Ram, Director, PGIMER stated that they have tested 668 covid patients on Saturday, out of which 51 belonging to Chandigarh were found positive. They had also tested 440 covid samples on Sunday, out of which 46 were found positive. He further mentioned that there are 188 critical patients in PGIMER, out of which 69 belong to Chandigarh, 63 to Punjab, 24 to Haryana & 16 to Himachal Pradesh. Dr. B.S. Chavan, Director Principal, GMCH stated that they have tested 982 covid samples, out of which 132 were found positive. Dr. G. Dewan, Director Health Services stated that they have tested 2,149 samples, out of which 177 were found positive. Dr. Dewan also stated that they have attended 6,000 patients in physical OPD.
2. Deputy Commissioner, Mohali stated that they have 2,186 active cases. Deputy Commissioner, Panchkula stated that they have 1,047 active cases and Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh stated that they have 2,303 active cases.
3. Dr. G. Dewan, Director Health Services informed that 66,167 Digital Health Cards have been registered under National Digital Health Mission.
4. Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh informed that 5,16,199 persons have downloaded Aarogya Setu Applications in the city. He further mentioned that over 18,000 challans have been issued for various violations; such as non-wearing of mask, social distancing etc.
5. The Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT expressed his satisfaction about the declining number of positive cases. He mentioned that Chandigarh is proud that PGIMER has been selected for trial of corona vaccine and wished the doctors all success in their efforts. He also stated that since PGIMER is seeking volunteers for trial of vaccines, eligible residents may register their names on the PGIMER website for trial.
6. The Administrator mentioned that the system of dialysis for outdoor covid patients has been streamlined. Chandigarh residents could ring up at mobile No.70870-07434 and book a slot for maintenance dialysis. The patients can be picked up and dropped in dedicated ambulances.
7. The Administrator directed Director General of Police to ensure that there is no spread of corona due to gathering of large number of people at political demonstrations being held against the newly introduced Agriculture Bill.
8. The Administrator also stressed on monitoring the health of covid patients in Home Quarantine. They should contact the Control Rooms in their areas, in case of any medical consultation, deterioration in their health conditions or requirement of ambulance.