ORDER U/S 144 Cr.P.C
Whereas it has been made to appear to me that a large number of commercial place number of commercial places/shops have come up in Chandigarh popularly known as Cyber Cafes and a large number of people visit these places to use the facilities available there including e-mail facilities and therefore certain anti-social elements, criminals and terrorists may use these facilities to mislead the security/investigation agencies, create panic in the public, endanger the security of general public, V.I.P.s and government institutions, and help the terrorists directly affecting the security of the State.
And whereas, I, K.K. Yadav, I.A.S., District Magistrate, Chandigarh in exercise of the powers vested with me under section 144 of the Cr.P.C., hereby direct the owner of the Cyber Cafes to strictly comply with the following:
- Prohibiting the use of Cyber Cafes by unknown person whose identity has not been established by the owner of the cafe.
- Maintaining a register for identity of the visitor/user;
- Made an entry in the handwriting of the visitor/user mentioning name, address, telephone number and identity proof. The visitor/user shall also sign the register kept for this purpose;
- The inanity of the visitor/user shall be established through identity card, voter card, ration card, driving license, passport and photo credit card;
- Activity server log should be preserved in main server and its record should be preserved for at least six months;
- If any activity of the visitor is of a suspicious nature, the owner of the Cyber Cafe will inform the police the police station;
- Record be maintained about the specific compute used by the person
This order shall come into force from zero hours on 18.09.2020 and shall be effective for period of sixty days up and including 16.11.2020.
In view of the emergent nature of the order, it is being issued ex-pare and is addressed to the public in general. Any breach of this order invite action under section 188 of the I.P.C.