COVID19 WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
Chandigarh. 21st September, 2020.Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser to the Administrator and Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police at Punjab Raj Bhawan. Sh. Arun Kumar Gupta, Principal Secretary (Home), Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation, Sh. Mandip Singh Brar Deputy Commissioner, UT & Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services & Director Principal, GMCH through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. Dr. Jagat Ram, Director, PGIMER stated that they have 192 covid patients in Nehru Extension Centre, out of which 63 belong to Chandigarh, 61 to Punjab, 38 to Haryana and 18 to Himachal Pradesh. He also mentioned that PGIMER tested 728 samples, out of which 79 persons belonging to Chandigarh were found positive. Dr. Jagat Ram also mentioned that PGIMER has arranged a total of 400 beds for medical treatment of covid patients. Dr. B.S. Chavan, Director Principal, GMCH stated that they have conducted 693 covid tests, out of which 129 were found positive. Dr. G. Dewan, Director Health Services stated that they have conducted 1,919 tests. Dr. Dewan also mentioned that immunization programme for children have started. Against the target of 65,794 children, 34,288 children have already been immunized. The medical teams going door-to-door for immunization are also checking, if there are persons with covid symptoms in the houses. Director Health Services further mentioned that fogging is being carried on in areas like Maloya, Hallomajra, Railway Colony etc.
2. Deputy Commissioner, Mohali stated that they have 2,818 active cases. Deputy Commissioner, Panchkula stated that they have 1,378 active cases and Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh stated that they have 2,821 active cases.
Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh mentioned that more than 5 lacs people have already downloaded Aarogya Setu Applications in UT, Chandigarh.
DIGITAL HEALTH CARDS
Dr. Dewan, Director Health Services informed that 65,825 persons have already registered for Digital Health Cards under National Health Mission Programme
3. The Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT directed Secretary Education to ensure that Government of India’s guidelines are strictly followed, when students of Class IX & X are coming to school campus with permission of their parents for special classes. He also advised the teachers to get themselves medically tested for covid regularly.
4. The Administrator directed Principal Secretary Health to ensure that adequate number of ambulances are available, for patients in home isolation, who need to be transported from home, if their condition deteriorate.
5. The Administrator directed Special Secretary Health to coordinate with the three medical institutions in Chandigarh and other institutions in Tri-city so that covid patients who stay at home, but need maintenance dialysis can book their slots and can get regular dialysis done on time.