COVID19 WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
Chandigarh.18th September, 2020.Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser to the Administrator, and Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police at Punjab Raj Bhawan. Sh. Arun Kumar Gupta, Principal Secretary (Home), Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation, Sh. Mandip Singh Brar Deputy Commissioner, UT & Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services & Director Principal, GMCH through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. Dr. Jagat Ram, Director, PGIMER stated that they have 235 patients in Nehru Extension Centre, out of 75 belong to Chandigarh, 70 to Punjab, 31 to Haryana, 20 Himachal Pradesh & 21 from other states. He also mentioned that PGIMER tested 865 samples, out of which 112 belonging to Chandigarh were found positive. Dr. Jagat Ram further mentioned that there has been substantial deduction in positivity rate. He also mentioned that PGIMER has 30 ventilators for covid patients and more are being added. Dr. B.S. Chavan, Director Principal, GMCH stated that they tested 701 samples, out of which 87 were found positive. He also mentioned that they have engaged doctors to make telephonic calls to home quarantined persons to check about their well-being. Dr. G. Dewan, Director Health Services stated that they have tested 1,465 samples, out of which 126 were found positive. He also mentioned that necessary screening has been arranged for ISBT to check the persons coming to Chandigarh by buses.
2. Deputy Commissioner, Mohali stated that they have 2,705 active cases. Deputy Commissioner, Panchkula stated that they have 1,215 active cases and Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh stated that they have 3,085 active cases.
3. The Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT directed that all three medical institutions must make exclusive and separate arrangements, so that covid positive persons, who are in home quarantine could come and take the benefit of maintenance dialysis. Director, PGIMER stated that two such machines, exclusively devoted to routine maintenance dialysis of covid positive persons have been earmarked. All patients needing routine dialysis could approach PGIMER, Sector 32 and Sector 16 Hospitals for the needful. Sh. S.S. Gill, Education Secretary will coordinate the operation.
4. The Administrator directed that Covid Care Centres should be regularly inspected and proper cleanliness maintained. He also directed that regular sanitization should be done and disposal of garbage, medical waste, used PPE kits, gloves etc. should be streamlined.
5. The Administrator directed that proper monitoring should be done of Containment Zones, so that the spread of infection could be restricted. Ambulance service should be available round-the-clock in case of emergency.