In pursuance of Notification No. C-27091/FII(8)-2020/1679 dated 28.01.2020 and in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 399 of he Punjab Municipal Corporation Act, 1976 as extended by the Punjab Municipal Corporation Law (Extension to Chandigarh) Act, 1994 (Act No. 45 of 1994), the Administration, Union Territory, Chandigarh is pleased to make to following amendments in the Chandigarh Water Supply Bye-Laws 2011 (as amended from time to time)
- Short Title—These Bye Laws may be called the Chandigarh Water Supply Bye-Laws, Amendment 2020.
- These shall come into force from the date of its publication in official gazette.
- In the Chandigarh Water Supply Bye-Laws 2011 as amended in 2016 & June 2019 (hereinafter referred to as said bye laws) clause 13 (I to VI, VIII, (IX) (a), X, (XI) (a), XIII,) 13D, 35A, 35B, 36A, 36B, 44 & 5(vii.6) shall be substituted as under:-
DOMESTIC TARIFF INK L/MONTH
Clause 13 (i)
The water consumed for domestic use in residential premises shall be charged at the following rates (per months):-
0-15 KL@ Rs. 3.00/Kl
Above 60 KL@ Rs. 24.00/KL
Clause 13 (ii)
Water consumed in the institutions shall be charged as below.
All type of educational Insitutions and Hostels attached thereto. @ 25/KL
Hospitals/Clinics and buildings apartment thereto but excluding shops and other comkmerical establishments. @ 25/KL
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research and Hostels attached thereto. @ 25/KL
Community Centre/Clubs recognized by the Chandigarh Administration.
Charitable Institutions and hostels attached thereto. @25/KL
Residential buildings or any part thereof being used fopr professional purposes, for instance, Doctors, Architects, dentists etc. @ 25/KL
Dhobi Ghats approved by the Chandigarh Administration@25/KL
Coaching centre career career institutions.
Clasue 13 (iii) (a)
Water used in Government/Semi-Government offices shall be charged @ Rs. 25.00 per Kilolitre.
Clause 13 (iii) (b)
Water used in Industrial/Semi Industrial/ Commercial establishments/ for construction/renovation shall be charged @ Rs.l 30.00 Per Kilolitre.
Clause 13 (iv)
Premises not covered by Clauses (i) to (ii) above shall be charged @ Rs. 30.00 Per Kilolitre.
Clause 13 (v)
For un-metered water supply in urban area (For EWS Houses only), a flat rate of Rs. 500/- per connection, per month per family till meters are fixed in the colonies and villages (in the existing houses) and EWS houses.
Note:- (Water Meter will be mandatory for domestic tariff otherwise Rs. 500 Connection/Month will be charged and further even after notice of 6 Months period flat rate of Rs. 1000/Connection/Month will be charged.
Clause 13 (vi)
Water supply through tankers shall be charged @ Rs. 600/- per tanker (free water supply for religious functions).
Clause 13 (viii)
Supply of water to Resettlement Milk Colonies shall be charged as under:-
Flat rate @ Rs. 400/- per connection, per month or consumption as per actual meter reading rate will be applicable as per Clause 13(i) as above.
Note:- (Water Meter will be mandatory for domestic tariff otherwise Rs. 400/ Connection/Month will be charged and further even after notice of 6 Months period flat rate of Rs. 800/Connection/Moth will be charged.
Clause 13 (IX) (a)
Drinking/potable water consumed for irrigation of lawns (metered) shall be charged @ Rs. 30.00 per KL.
Clause 13 (X)
If anybody is found misusing the drinking water, he/she will be challenged and fined @ Rs. 5000/- for default which will be included in his/her regular water bill and shall be charged at double the tariff prescribed for the sue for which the consumer was misusing the drinking water supply.
Adding Clauses 13 (XI) (a) (i)
In the Residential Buildings, professionals Consultants viz Doctors, Advocates and Architects etc. @ 50 Sqm. Or 25% of the covered area, whichever is less, water tariff shall be charged of domestic rates.
Clause 13 (XIII)
The minimum rates for commercial premises shall be as under:
Booths (Trade of fast food/dhabas etc. Rs. 1500/-)
SCOs/SCF/Bay-shops (Water consuming business). Rs. 2000/-
Hotels/Cinemas, shipping malls etc. Rs. 5000/-
Water Cess @ Rs. 20/- per month per connection shall be charged for maintenance of Public Park/Green Belts etc within existing limits of Municipal Corporation, Chandigarh.
Closing of a connection for the ferrule:
Any registered consumer who wishes to close his connection from the ferrule permanently shall give seven days notice to the Municipal Corporation. A fee of Rs. 500/-shall be recoverable form the consumer. No charge shall be made for watr or meter rent after the expiry of the period of notice, provided there is no habitation/tenant in the premises.
Provided that the Municipal Corporation reserves the right to close the connection as provided for in bye-law 22 (i) or 22 (iv)or for infringement of the provisions of these bye-laws.
Explanation:- The closing of a connection means the closing of connection from ferrule, removal of the meter and the severance of the service pipe at any point beyond the stop tap considered suitable by the Municipal Corporation.
Clause 35 B
Closing of a connection from water meter:-
Any registered consumer who wishes to close his connection shall give seven days notice to the connection shall given seven days notice to the co the Commissioner. A fee of Rs. 150/- shall be recoverable from the consumer. No. charge shall be made for water or meter rent after the expiry of the period of notice.
Provided further that the Commissioner reserves he right to closes the connection as provided for in bye-law 22 (i) or 22 (iv) or for infringement of the provisions of these bye-laws.
Re-establishing/re-opening of a cut off connection:- A connection that has been cut off under bye-law 34 shall be re-established only upon payment of Rs. 150/- as re-connection fee.
Adding Clause 36 B
Re-opening of a water connection from Ferule Rs. 500/-
Penalty for infringement of bye-laws
Any person who commits a breach of any of these bye-laws shall be punishable with when the breach is a continuing breach, with a further fine which may extend to one hundred rupee for each day after the first breach, during which the breach continues.
If following violation noticed:
- Size of ferrule more than sanction size.
- Tee connection from service pipe before water meter.
- Subletting of water connection
Additions in Clause No. 5 (vii.6)
Provisional Water Connection EWS/Rehabilitation Colony/Dep Complex/Manimajra/Village (Except Societies)
The provisional water connection is allow to the consumers who have possessed.
- Sale Deed, (ii) Registered Will, (iii) Special Power of Attorney, (iv) GPA, (v) Sub GPA,
- Report of Tehsildar regarding ownership of area inside or outside Village Phirni where Govt. W/S and sewer system is exists.
- The Red Line/Lal Dora not identify in any village then Phirni of village will be sufficient proof to release the water connection.
- No consent from owner of other floor required to release the water connection, only separate plumbing work is required with declaration of floor ownership.
- The minimum consumption shall be charged @ 50 /KL/Month/connection only where water meter not installed by the consumer.
- Water Tariff will be charged domestic i.e. code 01 in residential house then consumer apply for separate water connection of commercial activity otherwise commercial will be charged as per Tariff code 7.
- The provisional connections can be disconnected and cancel in case of any litigation/irregularities found at any time without any notice and no claim will be entertained by the M.C. Chandigarh in any Court case.
- The Water supply connection is only got basic amenities not for proof of ownership.
NOTE:- All the charges shall be automatically hiked by 3% on the basis rate on the first day of every financial year beginning 01.04.2021.