COVID19 WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
11th September, 2020
Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser to the Administrator, and Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police at Punjab Raj Bhawan. Sh. Arun Kumar Gupta, Principal Secretary (Home), Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation, Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services & Director Principal, GMCH through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. Dr. Jagat Ram, Director, PGIMER stated that they have 270 covid patients, out of which 81 belong to Chandigarh, 78 to Punjab, 43 to Haryana & 19 to Himachal Pradesh. He also stated that 52 mild patients have been transferred to Nehru Private Ward. The Director also stated that they have tested 805 samples, out of which 156 samples were found positive. Among the positive samples, 118 belong to Chandigarh. The Director also stated that they have 10 Plasma Units ready, which can be given to any covid patient, whenever needed. Dr. B.S. Chavan, Director Principal stated that they tested 369 samples, out of which 118 belonging to Chandigarh were found positive. Dr. G. Dewan, Director Health Services stated that they have tested 1,142 samples, out of which 718 were Antigen Tests. He also mentioned that 5,000 Wellness Kits comprising Vitamins & medicines have been issued for distribution among Home Quarnatined and Covid Care Centres.
2. Deputy Commissioner, Mohali stated that they have 2,231 active cases. Deputy Commissioner, Panchkula stated that they have 1,187 active cases and Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh stated that they have 2,573 active cases.
3. The Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT directed that 10,000 additional Antigen kits may be procured for enhancing testing in UT.
4. Sh. Arun Kumar Gupta, Principal Secretary Health stated that the people staying in Containment Zones will be first tested with Antigen Kits on priority.
5. The Administrator decided to hand over Infosys Sarai to PGIMER, so that they can utilize it for creating 200 additional beds for covid patients. The Infosys Sarai will now be utilized as Infectious Disease Hospital, till further orders.
6. A decision was taken in the War Room to discontinue weekend closure of Sukhna Lake. However, the Administrator directed the police authorities to strictly enforce wearing of masks and social distancing.