COVID 19 WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
Chandigarh.9 September,2020:Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser to the Administrator, and Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police at Punjab Raj Bhawan. Sh. Arun Kumar Gupta, Principal Secretary (Home), Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation, Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services & Director Principal, GMCH through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. Dr. Jagat Ram, Director, PGIMER stated that they have 251 covid patients in Nehru Hospital Extension, out of which 79 belong to Chandigarh, 82 to Punjab, 43 to Haryana, 27 to Himachal Pradesh & 08 to Uttar Pradesh. He further stated that 804 samples have been tested, out of which 81 positive cases belong to Chandigarh. Director PGIMER further mentioned that 10 additional ventilators have been received by them from Central Government. Dr. B.S. Chavan, Director Principal stated that they tested 939 samples, out of which 287 of Chandigarh were found positive. He also mentioned that 212 patients have been cured and discharged. Dr. Chavan further mentioned that additional 20 ventilators have been received by them from Central Government for covid patients. Dr. G. Dewan, Director Health Services stated that they have tested 1023 samples, out of which 151 were found positive. He mentioned that 1,614 persons were in home isolation and have been monitored by the Department.
2. Deputy Commissioner, Mohali stated that they have 1,878 active cases. Deputy Commissioner, Panchkula stated that they have 1,214 active cases and Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh stated that they have 2,334 active cases.
3. The Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT expressed grave concern about the rising number of cases. He stated that for early detection of symptomatic persons, the help of local municipal councilors should be taken. The Administrator directed Commissioner, Municipal Corporation to set up a Control Room, which will be manned by responsible officials. Any councilor can ring this number for any information about the patients in their areas to facilitate their testing, quarantine, transportation to hospitals and admission, wherever necessary. Commissioner, Municipal Corporation assured to make it functional by tomorrow.
4. The Administrator appealed to the public representatives to collect information about symptomatic and suspected cases in their areas and inform the health authorities, so that early detection and treatment will be feasible and fatalities could be reduced. The onus also lies on the citizens to join the battle against covid. They should join hands with Administration and co-operate.
5. The Administrator directed all three medical institutions to ramp-up testing, enhance beds and take personal care of critical patients.