COVID19 WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
Chandigarh.24th August,2020:Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser to the Administrator, Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police, Sh. Arun Gupta, Principal Secretary (Home), Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation and Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh, Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services & Director Principal, GMCH through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. Dr. Jagat Ram, Director, PGIMER stated that they have 167 patients in Nehru Hospital Extension, out of which 50 belong to Chandigarh, 69 to Punjab, 23 to Haryana, 12 to Himachal Pradesh and remaining from other states. He also stated that they have tested 685 covid samples, out of which 58 were found positive. Dr. Puri of PGI informed that the additional 10 ventilators, received from Government of India have been installed and working smoothly. Dr. BS Chavan, Director Principal, GMCH stated that they tested 355 samples, out of which 62 were found positive. He also stated that there are 53 patients in Dhanwantri College and 152 patients in Sood Dharmshala. He mentioned that during the last 2 days, 60 patients have been discharged after medical treatment for covid. Dr. G. Dewan, Director Health Services stated that they have tested 616 covid samples, out of which 445 were of Antigen Testing. Out of Antigen samples, 89 were found positive. Dr Dewan further stated that regular fogging is being done in Sector 33, Chandigarh. He also stated that 19,000 persons have enrolled for Digital Health Cards under National Digital Health Mission.
2. Deputy Commissioner, Mohali stated that they have 1,632 active cases. Deputy Commissioner, Panchkula stated that they have 545 active cases and Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh stated that they have 1,389 active cases.
3. A decision was taken in the War Room to extend all even-odd closure of congested markets by another 10 days.
4. Hon’ble Governor Punjab and Administrator, U.T., Chandigarh expressed happiness that 19,000 persons have already registered themselves for Digital Health Cards. He directed all Heads of Departments to ensure that all employees and their families are immediately registered for their Health Cards. He also appealed to all Councilors to encourage people in their areas to register themselves for Digital Health Cards. This will be beneficial in medical treatment, both for doctors and patients.
5. The Administrator expressed happiness that during random testing of vendors, all samples of 60 vendors were found negative. He directed Commissioner, M.C. to continue with such random testing.
6. The Administrator directed Commissioner, M.C. and Deputy Commissioner to ensure that the water logging in different areas due to opening of Sukhna Gates be tackled by urgent draining out of water. The residents should not face any inconvience due to water logging.
7. The Administrator instructed Dr. Dewan, Director Health Services to keep in readiness mobile teams, which can be utilized for Serology Testing, as and when a final decision is taken in consultation with Health Ministry.