COVID19 WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
17th August, 2020:Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over Daily War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser to the Administrator, and Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police at Punjab Raj Bhawan. The Administrator also interacted with Sh. Arun Gupta, Principal Secretary (Home), Sh. AK Sinha, Finance Secretary, Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation and Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh, Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services & Director Principal, GMCH through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. Dr. Jagat Ram, Director, PGIMER stated that they have 141 patients in Covid ward, out of which 49 belong to Chandigarh, 53 to Punjab, 15 to Haryana, 11 to Himachal Pradesh and remaining to other states. He also stated that they have tested 699 covid samples, out of which 53 were found positive. Dr. BS Chavan, Director Principal, GMCH stated that they have done 414 testing, out of which 49 were found positive. He also stated that 137 Corona patients were medically treated and discharged during the last 3 days. Dr. G. Dewan, Director Health Services stated that they have collected 331 samples, out of which 237 were Rapid Antigen Testing. Necessary screening at Railway Station and Bus Depots were going on.
2. Deputy Commissioner, Mohali stated that they have 936 active cases, Deputy Commissioner, Panchkula stated that they have 444 active cases and Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh stated that they have 936 active cases
3. Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT stated that the focus of the Administration should be for early detection of the cases, particularly those of co-morbidities patients, so that the fatalities could be kept at minimum.
4. The Administrator directed GMSH-16 to start mobile testing facilities, so that testing teams could go on mobile vans and collect samples and give test results on-the-spot. This will be helpful to senior citizens, who are reluctant to go to hospitals for such testings.
5. The Administrator also directed that there should be focus on IEC activities and, if necessary, bulk SMS should be sent to all residents, advising them to follow hygienic practices and to get themselves tested, at the first sign of symptoms
6. The Administrator directed that the services of area volunteers or social workers should be utilized to keep a watch on influx of people from outside, who come to Chandigarh to avail better medical facilities. Such visitors from outside should be tested, so that they do not become sources of infection.
7. The Administrator reiterated earlier directions that both PGIMER and GMCH-32 must create additional 100 beds each for critical COVID patients. The concerned Directors assured that the work is in progress and the target will be met