COVID19 WAR ROOM DIRECRTIONS
Chandigarh.3 August,2020:Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over Daily War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser to the Administrator at Punjab Raj Bhawan. The Administrator also interacted with Sh. Arun Gupta, Principal Secretary (Home), Sh. AK Sinha, Finance Secretary, Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation and Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh, Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services and Director Principal, GMCH through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. Dr. Jagat Ram, Director, PGIMER stated that they have tested 743 covid samples, out of which 65 were found positive. Among the positive samples, 31 belong to Chandigarh, 17 from Punjab, 10 from Leh/Ladhak and rest from the neighbouring states. He also stated that there are 104 critical COVID cases, out of which 49 belong to Chandigarh, 42 from Punjab, 05 each from Haryana & Uttar Pradesh and rest from other states. Dr. Puri of PGIMER stated that many patients from Punjab & Haryana and neighboring states are coming to emergencies and when found positive, they have to be accommodated in Nehru Hospital Extension. He requested the Administrator to take up with the neighbouring states this issue of over-crowding of PGIMER by the patients, who could be locally treated, instead of being brought to PGIMER Chandigarh.
Dr. BS Chavan, Director Principal, GMCH stated that they have tested 311 covid samples, out of which 21 were found positive. The testing reveals that these are scattered over different sectors and not from any particular area. He stated that 260 patients have been treated in OPDs and 109 patients in physical OPDs.
Dr. G. Dewan, Director Health Services stated that he has received 5,500 kits for antigen testing. These kits will be utilized for extensive testing of samples, particularly among Health officials, Police personnel, Municipal Officials and vendors in the Mandi.
The Administrator advised Director PGIMER to hold regular meetings with Health Directors of neighbouring states and steck to proper protocol in receiving patients from other states.
2. Sh. K.K Yadav, Commissioner Municipal Corporation, stated that they have started a large scale sanitization campaign in the city to prevent outbreak of vector borne diseases like Malaria, Dengue etc. He also stated that water quality of various tubewells is being checked to ensure that there are no water borne diseases.
3. The Administrator directed Director General of Police, U.T to ensure that there is no circulation of spurious liquor in any area of U.T., to pre-empt any unfortunate incident.
4. Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner stated that 4,34,553 Arogya Setu Applications have been downloaded in the City. He also stated that enforcement operations to ensure social distancing and mask wearing have been enhanced. Sub Divisional Magistrates and other Revenue Officials have been deputed for the purpose.
5. Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser stated that decision to close down Sukhna Lake has been widely accepted in the city. There have been increase in the number of people going for cycling and also the number of visitors to different parks etc. have been increased. This has also led to out-of-town tourists avoiding unnecessary visits to Sukhna Lake on weekends.
6. The Administrator directed Sh. Arun Kumar Gupta, Principal Secretary Health to start Dedicated Dialysis Facility for COVID patients, who require regular dialysis. This will reduce burden on PGIMER all such COVID patients, who require regular dialysis may contact Director Principal, GMCH-32.
7. The Administrator directed Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner to find additional facility, where COVID patients could be accommodated, as an when such additional facilities will be required. He stated that Community Halls located away from residential areas could be utilized for the purpose.
8. The Administrator decided to declare a few houses in Pipliwala Town in Manimajra and a residential Block of EWS Colony Dhanas as the new Micro-Containment Zones.