COVID19 WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over Daily War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser, UT, Chandigarh and Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police at Raj Bhawan. The Administrator also interacted with Sh. Arun Gupta, Principal Secretary (Home), Sh. AK Sinha, Finance Secretary, Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation and Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh, Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services and Director Principal, GMCH through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. Dr. Jagat Ram, Director, PGIMER stated that they have tested 600 covid samples, out of which 35 were found positive and 17 belong to Chandigarh. Dr. BS Chavan, Director Principal, GMCH stated that they have tested 156 covid samples, out of which 15 were found positive. Dr. G. Dewan, Director Health Services stated that they have completed second round of door-to-door screening in Manimajra and will now start third round of door-to-door screening in Sector 45, Chandigarh.
2. Deputy Commissioner, Mohali stated that they have 184 positive cases. Deputy Commissioner, Panchkula stated that they have 122 positive cases. Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh stated that they have 217 positive cases.
3. The Administrator stated that there should be more strictness in checking, mask wearing and social distancing among people in public places, such as parks, Sukhna Lake, markets etc.
4. The Administrator directed Director General of Police to conduct more flag marches in various colonies and sectors to create awareness among people regarding precautions to be taken against covid. He also directed that security in various hospitals should be tightened, so that the health workers feel fear-free.
5. The Administrator directed that special care should be taken to locate and examine the vulnerable population, particularly senior citizens, who are likely to have co-morbidities. The help of various Resident Welfare Associations and Non-Governmental Organizations should be taken for this work.
6. The Administrator directed that several IEC activities should be carried out by various departments to make people aware about the danger of covid and the healthy hygienic practices needed to be taken.
7. During the War Room Meeting and discussion with doctors, a view emerged that since there is lack of adequate compliance about social distancing and mask wearing, there is no option but to go for total curfew in the weekends in the entire tri-city. This has become unavoidable to break the chain and arrest the sudden surge in the cases in tri-city. A final decision will be taken by the Administrator on Wednesday.
8. Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser stated that he has written to both the Chief Secretaries of Punjab and Haryana to agree to UT’s proposal for curfew in the tri-city during weekend, since weekend curfew only in Chandigarh will not be effective, unless it is simultaneously imposed in Mohali and Panchkula.
9. Dr. Indu Bhushan, Chief Executive Officer of Ayushman Bharat also made a presentation in the War Room regarding upcoming National Health Schemes.