COVID 19 WAR ROOM PRESS RELEASE
Chandigarh.26th June,2020:Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over Daily War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser, UT, Chandigarh, Sh. Arun Gupta, Principal Secretary (Home), Sh. AK Sinha, Finance Secretary, Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation and Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh, Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services and Director Principal, GMCH through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. Dr. Jagat Ram, Director, PGIMER stated that they have tested 601 samples in the last two days, out of which 15 have been found positive. Out of this, 05 patients belonged to Chandigarh. Dr. BS Chavan, Director Principal, GMCH stated that out of 74 samples tested, 02 were found positive. Dr. G. Dewan, Director Health Services stated that 4,160 outdoor patients were given necessary diagnosis and medications in the hospitals and dispensaries.
2. The Administrator, UT directed the doctors, Health and Municipal officials to make preparations to prevent outbreak of monsoon related diseases. He also directed Secretary Engineering for immediate cleaning of choes and other water bodies carrying stagnate water.
3. Deputy Commissioner, Mohali stated that they have 56 active cases. Deputy Commissioner, Panchkula stated that they have 71 active cases. Sh. Arun Kumar Gupta, Principal Secretary Health, UT stated that they have 88 active cases.
• Deputy Commissioner, UT stated that during the last 02 days more than 10,000 people have come via trains, road and flights. He also mentioned that 8,972 people have registered themselves on the official website giving details of their travel plan and accommodation in Chandigarh.
The Administrator directed him to monitor their health conditions periodically through the designated teams.
• The War Room discussed the representation of Hotel Owners’ Associations for allowing serving of alcohol during dining in the restaurants and also in banquet halls during functions. Though this has been allowed in Punjab, yet it was decided to wait till the present lockdown/unlocking instructions end on 30/06/2020.
• Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser stated that he has already instructed police and other authorized officials to have stricter implementation of social distancing norms, wearing of masks etc. Surprise inspections will be made in all market places and public places including Sukhna Lake area to penalize the violators.