The Chandigarh Administration has been taking various measures to combat VOVID-19 Pandemic, The Govt. is providing free testing and treatment in Govt Hospitals across the State. As per ICMR circular issued on 17th March, 2020, Rt-PCR testing for COVID-19 was made available through private laboratories and upper Limit of single test charges was capped at Rs. 4500/- Meanwhile ICMR vide letter dated 25th May, 2020 has communicated to States to negotiate and fix mutually agreeable price for Rt-PCR tests free COVID-19. Further a meeting in presence of Adviser to the Administrator was held with representative of M/s SRL Laboratory at Chandigarh in this regard today.
2. Accordingly, after taking into account the cost of kits and consumables and on the basis of precedents in other States, the Chandigarh Administration in exercise of the powers bestowed under the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897; directs that no private laboratory should charge and amount more than Rs. 2000/- for Rt-PCR test for COVID-19, inclusive of GST/Taxes, if any. This would include the cost involved in pick up, packing and transportation of samples, documentation and reporting in the Union Territory subject to following conditions:-
- All the testing protocols as laid down by ICMR and the Government of India form time to time shall be followed by the Private Laboratories.
- The Private Laboratories shall share the data pertaining to the results of these tests for COVID- 19 with Chandigarh Administration and ICMC on a real time basis through ICMR portal.
- At the time of sampling, the identification, address and verified mobile number of the person, who is being tested, must be noted for record, as per sample referral form (SRF). The data should be uploaded on the Rt-PCR app at the time of taking the sample. The test report should be communicated to the patient immediately after the testing is complete.
- A positive test report should be immediately communicated to the Health Department, UT Chandigarh through e-mail.
- All the private NABL & ICMR approved laboratories are instructed that, information of the patient should be maintained with utmost confidentiality. All the private COVID-19 testing laboratories must preserve the Rt-PCR Machine generated data and graphs for future verification by the Chandigarh Administration.
- The laboratories are also instructed to display rates in visible manner.
- All the private NABL. & ICMR approved laboratories, in the U.T., Chandigarh are directed to follow the above guidelines meticulously.
- The Deputy Commissioner and Director Health and Family Welfare, U.T., Chandigarh shall monitory the above laboratories closely, enforce the rates strictly by giving wide publicity on the issue of COVID-19 tests by the Private NABL. & ICMR approved Labs in the U.T., Chandigarh.
- The new revised rates shall come into force with immediate effect.