COVID 19 WAR ROOM PRESS RELEASE
Chandigarh.18 June,2020:Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over Daily War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser, UT, Chandigarh and Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police at Raj Bhawan. The Administrator also interacted with Sh. Arun Gupta, Principal Secretary (Home), Sh. AK Sinha, Finance Secretary, Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation and Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh, Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services and Director Principal, GMCH through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. Director, PGIMER stated that out of 475 samples tested, 07 have been found positive. Similarly, Director Principal, GMCH stated that out of 124 samples tested, 05 were found positive.
2. Deputy Commissioner, Mohali stated that they have 63 active cases and Deputy Commissioner, Panchkula stated that they have 43 active cases. Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT, Chandigarh expressed concern about the increasing number of covid positive cases and noted that many of these can be found in visitors coming from outside. He directed Director General of Police to ensure greater checking at border points and to check that only authorized persons, who have registered themselves on the website for entry to Chandigarh are allowed to enter the city. He also directed thermal screening and mandatory downloading of Aarogya Setu Applications by all visitors.
3. The Administrator directed that Principal Secretary Health to examine the proposal, if instead of only self-quarantine, the Administration should go for self-home quarantine, which will restrict the movement of visitors from outside from roaming around in different parts of the city unnecessarily.
4. The Administrator also desired that Adviser may examine, if the persons who violate self-quarantine instructions could be penalized by putting them in institutional Quarantine Centres.
5. The Administrator decided to defer payment of property tax by commercial establishments located in 13 newly included villages.
• Sh. AK Sinha, Finance Secretary informed that 01 Shramik Special Train will carry migrant labours and stranded persons to Uttar Pradesh and Bihar tomorrow.
• The Administrator directed Commissioner, Municipal Corporation to ensure that necessary preparations for coming Monsoon are done by the Corporation.
• The Administrator instructed Secretary Engineering to ensure that the pending works; such as Shooting Range, Vintage Car Museum, India International Centre, repair of cycle tracks and other road repair etc. are expedited.