COVID 19 WAR ROOM PRESS RELEASE
Chandigarh, 05th June, 2020: Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over Daily War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser, UT, Chandigarh and Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police at Raj Bhawan. The Administrator also interacted with Sh. Arun Gupta, Principal Secretary (Home), Sh. AK Sinha, Finance Secretary, Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation and Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh, Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services and Director Principal, GMCH through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. The Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT, Chandigarh reviewed the progress of management of Covid patients in the three medical institutions. He expressed happiness that PGIMER doctors were able to cure two senior citizens, who were severely affected by corona alongwith other co-morbidities.
2. The Administrator decided to remove CONTAINMENT ZONE restrictions from Sector 30-B, as recommended by Affected Area Committee comprising Commissioner Municipal Corporation, District Magistrate, Senior Superintendent of Police, Director Health Services, WHO representative. However, he directed Director Health Services to continue regular screening and surveillance in the area.
3. The Administrator decided that 25% of the fixed electricity charges for two and half months upto 15/06/2020 be waived off for all categories of consumers.
4. The Administrator expressed happiness that Sector 16 Hospital had dealt with 4,000 OPD cases yesterday. He desired that all medical institutions must gradually enhance their OPD services, so that normalcy in medical services could be restored.
5. The Administrator directed Principal Secretary Health to inform the neighbouring states not to send patients to Chandigarh without prior covid testing, so that inter-state infection is avoided.
• Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation informed that supply of essential commodities is normal in all areas. Special care is taken to dispose off the waste, generated from the barber shops. He also stated that necessary training is being imparted to the employees of various shops regarding sanitizing of their premises.
• Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner stated that till date 60,66,000 cooked food packets have been distributed among the destitutes and needy persons in various parts of the city. He also informed that till date 3,31,000 persons have downloaded Aarogya Setu Applications in UT, Chandigarh.
• Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser stated that as decided by Government of India, all shopping malls, religious places, hotels and restaurants will be opened w.e.f. 08/06/2020 in UT, Chandigarh. Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) already circulated by Health Department will be strictly enforced.