Whereas the wearing of 3 ply mask or cloth mask has been made compulsory by Chandigarh Disaster Management Authority vide No. 13180/H-III(5)-2020/4422 dated 9th April, 2020 for all persons moving for whatsoever purpose and under whatever reason/authority in public places, like street, hospital, office and markets.
And whereas, it has also been notified that anybody violating these instructions will be punishable under Section 188 of Indian Penal Code (48 of 1860) and the Police Authorities are empowered to immediately arrest the violators.
Now, in exercise of powers conferred under Rule 12.9 of Epidemic Disease Act, 1897 notified vide No. EPI/ADM/2020/01 dated 13th March, 2020, the undersigned in his capacity as Principal Secretary Health, Chandigarh Administration hereby directs that every violation of not wearing a mask will be punishable by imposing a fine of Rs 500/-. Non-payment of the fine by the violator will attract proceedings under Section 188 of IPC. Every office designated below shall be responsible for implementing of these directions:-
- Tehsildar and Naib Tehsildar
- Additional/Joint Commissioners, Municipal Corporation.
- Medical Officer of Health, Municipal Corporation .
- Medical Officers as designated by Director Health & Family Welfare.
- Station House Officers.
- Any other officer/official specifically designated by Deputy Commissioner from time to time.