OFFICE OF ADVISER TO THE ADMINISTRATOR, UT-CUM-CHAIRPERSON, STATE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE OF STATE DISASTER MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY, UT, CHANDIGARH
Whereas, an Order No.40-3/2020-DM-I(A) dated 17/05/2020 was issued for containment of COVID-19 in the country by the National Disaster Management Authority for a period upto 31/05/2020.
Whereas, in exercise of the powers under Section 6(2)(i) of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) has directed the Chairperson, NEC to issue an order to extend the lockdown in Containment Zones upto 30/06/2020, and to re-open prohibited activities in a phased manner in areas outside Containment Zones;
Now therefore, under the directions of the aforesaid orders of NDMA dated 30/05/2020 and the guidelines issued by NEC vide letter dated 30/05/2020 under the Disaster Management Act, 2005, the undersigned in my capacity as Chairperson, State Executive Committee hereby directs that orders/guidelines as Annexed, will remain in force upto 30/06/2020 in the entire Union Territory of Chandigarh.
Whereas for strict implementation of above orders and in partial notification of Chandigarh Administration’s order No.13180-HIII(5)/2020/5087 dated 18/05/2020, the following is ordered with immediate effect :-
1.The shops timings will be from 10.00 AM to 08.00 PM. However, for shops, selling essential items, such as bread, milk, medicines, vegetable and fruits etc., the above time restriction will not apply.
2.As regards weekly closure of shops, the notification issued prior to the lockdown will apply.
3.The odd-even stipulations announced in previous order dated 18/05/2020 of Chandigarh Administration will continue in respect of all markets specified therein. The same will apply to the street vendors too.
4.Use of selected Community Centres will be permitted for holding marriage functions (50 persons) and last rites ceremony (20 persons) from 08/06/2020 onwards.
5.No mandatory pass will be required to enter Union Territory of Chandigarh from other states. However, random screening will be done on border and visitors will be advised self-monitoring for 14 days.
6.Chandigarh’s residents, desirous of taking “travel pass” for visiting other states can apply online to the District Magistrate. Only persons outside Containment Zone will be issued such passes. The District Magistrate will take a final decision as regards eligibility for such passes.
7.The Government offices will function from 10.00 AM to 05.30 PM with a lunch break from 01.00 PM to 01.30 PM with 75% of staff. However, from 08/06/2020, the Head of Department can call 100% staff, if required. Defence and Security Services, Health and Family Welfare, Police, Prisons, Home Guards, Civil Defence, Fire and Emergency Services, Disaster Management and related services, NIC, Customs, FCI, NCC, NYK and Municipal services shall function without any such restrictions.
8.Central Government offices, offices of neighbouring states, banks etc. will have different office timings to avoid simultaneous travel by office-goers and congestion on roads.
9. The general public can meet the officers for their personal grievance redressal etc. strictly between 11:00 am to 12:00 noon preferably with prior appointments.
10. The private offices will be allowed to call 75% of their staff. However, w.e.f. 08/06/2020, they will be free to call 100% of their staff to the office, if needed. Both Government and private offices and other enterprises will encourage employees to work from home and to avoid travel. The workplaces will be regularly sanitized and physical distance maintained.
11. The barber and hair salons will be allowed to open from 02/06/2020 onwards. However, they will strictly follow the guidelines issued by Health Department regarding hygiene and social distancing.
12. Spa, Massage Centres, Swimming pools will remained closed till further orders.
13. The customers will be allowed to have take away food from restaurant w.e.f. 08/06/2020 onwards.
14. Apni Mandis/Day Markets in the city will remain closed till further orders.
15. The Wholesale Market in Sector 26 will continue to be open. The temporary functioning of vegetables and fruits traders at ISBT, Sector 17 will continue till further orders.
Any person violating these measures will be liable to be proceeded against as per the provisions of Section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, besides legal action under Section 188 of the IPC, and other legal provisions as applicable.