ADMINISTRATOR REVIEWS ARRANGEMENTS IN THE CITY
12th May, 2020
ADMINISTRATOR REVIEWS ARRANGEMENTS IN THE CITY: WAR ROOM DECISIONS
Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over Daily War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser, UT, Chandigarh and Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police at Raj Bhawan. The Administrator also interacted with Sh. Arun Gupta, Principal Secretary (Home), Sh. AK Sinha, Finance Secretary, Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation and Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh, Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services and Director Principal, GMCH through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. The Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT, Chandigarh discussed the progress of screening & medical testing and continuing treatment of COVID patients in various medical institutions. He advised PGIMER to send a Public Health team to visit Bapu Dham Colony and make specific recommendations for improving field operations.
2. The Administrator stated that he would like to hold a Webinar with the media persons to seek opinion regarding easing out plan out of lockdown after 17th May, 2020. The webinar will be held on 13/05/2020.
• Sh. Arun Kumar Gupta, Principal Secretary (Health) stated that there are presently 154 active cases and Covid Care Centers have been operationalised at Sood Dharamshala in Sector 22. This Centre will be managed with medical team from GMCH, Sector 32.
• Sh. AK Sinha, Finance Secretary stated that everyday, two special Shramik Trains are going to Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. All the passengers are medically screened before boarding. The entire expenses are borne by Chandigarh Administration.
The Administrator expressed satisfaction with the arrangements being made.
• Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner stated that 1,14,000 cooked food packets have been distributed among the destitutes and needy persons in various parts of the city. He further informed that 2,76,000 persons have downloaded Aarogya Setu Applications in UT, Chandigarh. He also informed that Rs.2.05 Crores have been received in the Red Cross Covid Fund, as donations.
• Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation stated that vegetable traders from Sector 26 have been moved to ISBT, Sector 17. He also mentioned that distribution of fruits and vegetables through CTU buses will continue for few more days. He clarified that all vendors, who are allowed to sell essential items are being regularly screened by Municipal Corporation Medical Team.
• Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser stated that necessary arrangements are being made for accommodation of foreign returnees in a range of hotel with various price ranges. He also stated that all the returnees will be mandatorily tested for Corona, even though such testing has not been suggested by the Central Government. Sh. Parida clarified that while those patients, who have adequate facilities for home quarantine will be released after 10 days from the hospitals; others, who have smaller houses and cannot follow social distancing norms will be kept in the hospitals concerned till the end of 17th day.
• The Hon’ble Administrator appealed to the residents to strictly follow social distancing, hand hygiene and to wear masks in public places. He stated that the decision regarding easing out lockdown will be taken after discussion with Government of India and all stakeholders.
The Hon’ble Administrator advised senior officers to focus on the Containment Zones, so that there is no further spread of infection in the areas.