ADMINISTRATOR REVIEWS ARRANGEMENTS IN THE CITY
ADMINISTRATOR REVIEWS ARRANGEMENTS IN THE CITY : WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over Daily War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser, UT, Chandigarh and Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police at Raj Bhawan. The Administrator also interacted with Sh. Arun Gupta, Principal Secretary (Home), Sh. AK Sinha, Finance Secretary, Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation and Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh, Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services and Director Principal, GMCH through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. The Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT, Chandigarh reviewed the situation with all three heads of medical institutions and directed them to ensure that all employees are provided with necessary protective gears and the laid down protocol is strictly followed.
2. The Administrator desired that the Administration must focus on affected pockets like Bapu Dham Colony and Sector 30-B and intensive screening and testing should be done so that the suspect cases are detected on time.
3. The Administrator directed Deputy Commissioner, UT to coordinate with the receiving states, so that the stranded labour and other persons desirous of going to their home states could do so after necessary medical screening.
4. The Administrator directed Director Principal, GMCH to keep sector 48 hospital in readiness to accommodate the increasing number of corona patients.
• Sh. Arun Kumar Gupta, Principal Secretary (Health) stated that there are presently 123 active cases in Chandigarh, out of which 85 are from Bapu Dham Colony. He also stated that 2,500 persons have been home quarantine; while 300 doctors and health workers from PGIMER have been accommodated in various facilities.
• Sh. AK Sinha, Finance Secretary stated that a large number of suggestions have been received from various organizations to open up their shops, markets and factories. The matter is under examination.
• Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner stated that 1,28,000 lacs cooked food packets have been distributed among the destitutes and needy persons in various parts of the city. He further stated that 2.62 lacs persons have downloaded Aarogya Setu Application. He further mentioned that 10,385 MTs of wheat has been procured from the farmers. He further clarified that the arrangements being made in the containment zone of Bapu Dham Colony was reviewed alongwith representatives of World Health Organization.
• Manoj Parida, Adviser stated that nearly 700 persons from Union Territories of Ladakh and J&K are being sent home by buses. Necessary coordination with the concerned authorities is being done. Sh. Parida also stated that nearly 5,000 persons, mostly NRIs and residents of Chandigarh are expected to return from abroad by air. Sh. Shashank Anand, IPS, DIG has been designated as Nodal Officer to coordinate with Airport Authorities and hotels for their travel from Delhi & Mohali and for their stay for 14 days in various hotels of the city as a quarantine measure.
• The Hon’ble Administrator directed that necessary care should be taken for screening the persons returning from abroad. Even during their quarantine stay in various hotels in Chandigarh, the Administration must keep track of their health to prevent possibility of infection, if any.