ADMINISTRATOR REVIEWS ARRANGEMENTS IN THE CITY
06 May, 2020
ADMINISTRATOR REVIEWS ARRANGEMENTS IN THE CITY : WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over Daily War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser, UT, Chandigarh and Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police at Raj Bhawan. The Administrator also interacted with Sh. Arun Gupta, Principal Secretary (Home), Sh. AK Sinha, Finance Secretary, Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation and Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh, Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services and Director Principal, GMCH through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. The Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT expressed his grave concern about the rising cases of COVID in Bapu Dham Colony. He directed 03 days intensive and extensive screening of all persons residing in the Containment Zones. Director Health Services was asked to examine all cases of ILI & SARI, which could be actually symptoms for COVID cases, and test all such suspect cases. The Administrator also desired that the number of testing of persons should be substantially increased, so that all cases are automatically captured early.
2. The Administrator directed that all responsible citizens should inform about their own sickness, if any to the nearest dispensary. He appealed to the local leaders and neigbours to intimate the Administration about any person in their area showing symptoms of COVID.
3. It was decided to permit delivery of books at home by the book-sellers, so that there is no over-crowding in the concerned shops. He advised that the parents must ensure that the books are sanitized before being given to the kids.
4. On the request of PGIMER, the Administrator decided that all new asymptomatic and mild cases of COVID will now be sent to Ayurvedic Hospital, Sector 46, Chandigarh. The critical cases will continue to be sent to PGIMER.
5. The Administrator decided to enhance VAT to 5% in respect of petrol and diesel. The new prices of petrol will now be Rs.68.62 per litre and diesel at Rs.62.02 per litre. The UT prices of petrol and diesel will continue to be slightly lesser than the neighbouring states.
• Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner informed that till date 38,44,867 of cooked food packets have been distributed among the destitutes and needy persons. He also informed that 2,47,000 Aarogya Setu Applications have been downloaded in the city.
• Sh. K K Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation explained that the arrangements of temporary shifting of fruits and vegetable market from Sector 26 to ISBT, Sector 17 has been finalized. He also mentioned that specific vendors for specific sectors have been assigned and their medical screening and ID cards distribution etc. has already been done. He further stated that the government buses are continuing to provide essential items in Containment Zones, which have been cordoned off.
• The Hon’ble Administrator once again appealed to the citizens to stay indoor and follow social distancing norms. He stated that though the exemptions have been given for revival of the economy, yet all citizens must take extreme care for ensuring their personal hygiene by washing hands and wearing masks.