ADMINISTRATOR REVIEWS ARRANGEMENTS IN THE CITY :WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
ADMINISTRATOR REVIEWS ARRANGEMENTS IN THE CITY : WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over Daily War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser, UT, Chandigarh and Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police at Raj Bhawan. The Administrator also interacted with Sh. Arun Gupta, Principal Secretary (Home), Sh. AK Sinha, Finance Secretary, Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation and Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh, Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services and Director Principal, GMCH through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. The Hon’ble Administrator mentioned that the exemptions given in Chandigarh were primarily aimed at easing out the lockdown for kick-starting the economy. The daily wagers, who were without any job or income for the last 41 days had to be provided their source of livelihood while maintaining necessary social distancing. He expressed happiness that Chandigarh residents have by and large followed the guidelines given by the Administration for social distancing, hand hygiene, wearing of masks etc.
2. Keeping in view the heavy rush of customers in front of book shops, it was decided to allow exemption to book shops from odd-even stipulations. Thus, they will be able to sell books and stationery on all days. This will help reduce the crowd and congestion in such shops.
3. The Administrator directed that discount/concession available to consumers for timely payment of property tax, water bills etc. should not be denied and last date of payment be extended accordingly.
• Sh. Arun Kumar Gupta, Principal Secretary (Health) stated that Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) had agreed to provide additional testing kits to PGIMER. All testing centres are being directed to enhance the number of testing in the city. The Administrator directed that more testing needs to be conducted in containment zones to arrest infection.
• Sh. AK Sinha, Finance Secretary stated that keeping in view the reduced sources of revenue, some additional cess could be considered.
• Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner stated that 1,54,944 cooked food packets have been distributed among the needy people. 2,42,000 persons have already downloaded Aarogya Setu Applications in the city.
• Sh. K K Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation stated that he is in discussions with Wholesale Market in Sector 26 for temporarily shifting of fruits and vegetables to ISBT, Sector 17.
• Manoj Parida, Adviser stated that he is coordinating with the neighbouring cities to sort out the problem of entry/exit in inter-state borders. He also informed that the change of office timings of UT Administration have helped reduced the congestion on roads due to simultaneous travel of office-goers.