COVID 19 WAR ROOM PRESS RELEASE
Chandigarh.30 April,2020: Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over Daily War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser, UT, Chandigarh, Sh. Arun Gupta, Principal Secretary (Home), Sh. AK Sinha, Finance Secretary and Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police at Raj Bhawan. The Administrator also interacted Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation and Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh, Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services and Director Principal, GMCH through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. The Hon’ble Administrator thanked the doctors and health staff of PGIMER, GMCH-32, GMSH-16 for their tremendous dedication and contribution in treating COVID-19 patients. He also advised them to gradually open up facilities for Non-Covid patients. He stated that the Non-Covid patients, who also need urgent attention should not be neglected. The hospital authorities should also facilitate their transportation to and fro from the hospitals. Private clinics are also directed to open up there facilities as per the guidelines of Health Ministry, Government of India.
2. The Administrator stressed on concentrating screening and testing of all persons and suspected cases in pockets of Bapu Dham Colony and Sector 30-B, Chandigarh, where there has been a spurt of cases. He directed Director Health Services, Dr. G. Dewan to send medical teams, who should do intensive and extensive screening and testing in these areas, so that there is no suspected cases, which are left out.
• Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner stated that 1.55 lacs cooked food packets have been distributed among the destitutes and needy persons in various parts of the city yesterday. He further informed that Rs. 1.77 crores has been received as contribution towards Corona Fund and till date 2,04,649 residents have downloaded the Arogaya Setu Mobile Application.
• Sh. K K Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation stated that two exclusive buses are being provided for sale of groceries in Bapu Dham Colony and Sector 30-B, Chandigarh, which have been sealed by the police. The local people have been directed to make the purchases by maintaining social distancing. He also stated that efforts are being made to further activate the Wholesale Market in Sector 39.
• Sh. Vinod P. Kavle, Secretary, Food & Supplies stated that 47,800 eligible families have been distributed wheat and pulses under PMGKAY, thereby achieving the target of 75% so far in UT, Chandigarh.
• Sh. AK Sinha, Finance Secretary stated that a total procurement of 6,880 MTs of wheat has been made from the farmers.
• Sh. Arun Kumar Gupta, Principal Secretary (Health) stated that necessary coordination meeting is taking place with the heads of medical institutions to sort out day to day problems. He mentioned that adequate facilities are being provided to the doctors and health staff of various hospitals and in places like Hotel Parkview, Infosys Sarai, nearly School and Panjab University Hostel.
• Manoj Parida, Adviser stated that CCTV cameras in Bapu Dham Colony and Sector 30-B, Chandigarh are being activated and necessary monitoring will be done by the police. He also mentioned that adequate facilities are available as per Integrated Covid Management Plan to accommodate asymptomatic and symptomatic patients.
• The Hon’ble Administrator desired that all department’s should work in full cooperation and coordination to ensure that spread of Corona is contained. He stressed that a large number of cases coming up is an indication of vigorous survey and testing. He appealed to the residents to maintain proper social distancing and cooperate with the police and the MC authorities. He thanked the citizens of Chandigarh for giving their ideas regarding the exit plan after 03rd May, 2020 and stated that the same is under consideration. A final view will be taken keeping in view the directions received from Government of India.