28th April 2020
Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over Daily War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser, UT, Chandigarh and Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police at Raj Bhawan. The Administrator also interacted with Sh. Arun Gupta, Principal Secretary (Home), Sh. AK Sinha, Finance Secretary, Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation and Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh, Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services and Director Principal, GMCH through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. The Administrator expressed concern regarding the sudden spurt in COVID-19 positive cases in UT; particularly in Bapu Dham Colony. He directed Director General of Police to ensure that the area is totally cordoned off and the entry/exit from the affected pocket is strictly regulated. He also directed Commissioner, Municipal Corporation to ensure proper sanitization and cleaning of the area. The Deputy Commissioner was directed to ensure the availability of essential items in the pocket. The Administrator appealed to the local people to maintain Social – Physical distancing, so that the spread of infection could be contained.
2. The Administrator had a detailed discussion in the morning with three chiefs of medical institutions through video conference. He emphasized the need for following proper protocol, so that the hospital premises do not become a source of infection. He stressed on the need of providing necessary PPEs, masks and safety gears to all level of staff as per the laid down entitlement. He also emphasized on the need of maintaining proper rotation of the health staff, so that the employees get proper rest and relief without getting fatigue.
3. The Administrator mentioned that the Hon’ble Prime Minister had enquired about Chandigarh situation over telephone this morning. He had explained to the Prime Minister regarding the steps being taken in the city to fight COVID-19. He also explained how the Chandigarh had to deal with both corona and non-corona patients coming from neighbouring states to PGIMER, GMCH-32 and GMSH-16. Issues related to the tricity were also explained by him mentioning that all the cooperation and coordination was being maintained amongst the tricity.
• Sh. Arun Kumar Gupta, Principal Secretary Health stated that till date there are 39 active cases in the city. He also mentioned that the Rapid Testing Kits received from the Centre are being returned as per the directions of Central Government. He also informed that Punjab Engineering College had contributed blood by organizing blood donation camps.
• Sh. A K Sinha, Finance Secretary stated that he is discussing with all stakeholders regarding the strategy after the lockdown. The Administrator advised him to involve especially Member of Parliament, Elected Representatives, RWA, Industries Associations and Members of Advisory Council while preparing the report.
• Sh. Vinod P. Kavle, Secretary, Food & Supplies stated that 43,000 beneficiaries’ families have already been distributed wheat and pulses under PMGKAY. He also informed that the entire distribution in Mauli Jagran has been completed smoothly while maintaining social distancing during the distribution.
• Sh. K K Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation stated that necessary arrangements for supply of water during summer season has been made. He also stated that strict action will be taken against unauthorized vendors, who are roaming around to sell vegetables without authorization. He further stated that Municipal Corporation will track the movement of vendors through the COVID Application which has been downloaded on the mobiles of vendors.
• Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner stated that 1.60 lacs cooked food packets have been distributed among the destitutes and needy persons in various parts of the city yesterday. He further stated 1.73 crores has been received in the Red Cross Corona Fund. A total quantity of 5,004 MTs of wheat has been procured from the farmers. He also informed that approximately 1.96 Lakh individuals have downloaded AROGAYA Setu App in Chandigarh
• Manoj Parida, Adviser stated that outbreak needs to be contained by focusing all our energy and resources in pockets like Bapu Dham Colony in Sector 26 and Sector 30-B. Apart from sealing the area, efforts will be made to ensure that the locals maintain social distancing by taking the help of local volunteers and leaders. He also stated that CCTV cameras will be installed and drone photography will be used to find persons, who are violating the social distancing norms in the area. The police will also patrol the area regularly so as to ensure that the curfew orders are strictly followed.
• The Administrator appealed to the people not to stigmatize the patients. He stated that this infection happens often without much fault of the infected persons and there is no justification to ridicule or boycott the patients or their family. He directed all officials to enhance their efforts to ensure that the sudden increase in number of positive cases could be controlled.