27th April 2020
Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over Daily War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser, UT, Chandigarh and Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police at Raj Bhawan. The Administrator also interacted with Sh. Arun Gupta, Principal Secretary (Home), Sh. AK Sinha, Finance Secretary, Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation and Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh, Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services and Director Principal, GMCH through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. The Hon’ble Administrator informed the officers about the video conference taken by Hon’ble Prime Minister in the morning. He stated that the Hon’ble Prime Minister has emphasized on enhancing strictness in Hotspot (Red) zones and continue the practice of Social-Physical Distancing. He stated that a plan be prepared to bring in reforms in the post-lockout phase and the use of modern technology should be encouraged. He mentioned about the Rapid Response System for dealing with corona outbreak, which is already functional in the Union Territory.
2. The Administrator expressed serious concern about the increase in number of positive cases; particularly due to casual attitude expressed by certain residents in Bapu Dham Colony. He directed that extensive contact tracing of the case should take place immediately and all the persons who had contacts with the patient should be Identified, Checked and Quarantined as per protocol. He also directed the chiefs of three medical institutions to develop a strict protocol, so that none of their staff suffer any infection in the premises.
3. The Administrator showed concern on disposal of used gloves and PPEs. He stressed that these be disposed off with medical waste as per laid down guidelines. He focused on regular checking of all health workers, so that there is early detection of infection, if any.
• Sh. Arun Kumar Gupta, Principal Secretary Health stated that today he had a coordination meeting with all the medical institutions and a protocol has been developed regarding transfer of patients in between 03 medical institutions and also the inter-state travel of patients from outside.
• Sh. A K Sinha, Finance Secretary stated that as per Government of India’s guidelines, all departments have been directed to reduce the expenditure by 5% in this quarter.
• Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner stated that 1.55 lacs cooked food packets have been distributed among the destitutes and needy persons in various parts of the city yesterday. He also stated that a total of 4,950 MTs of wheat has been procured from the farmers, till date. Further, Rs.1.62 crores in total has been received as contribution towards the local Red Cross Covid Fund.
• Dr. G. Dewan, Director Health Services stated that Door to Door screening of the residents is going on smoothly. Till date 10.54 lakhs persons have been screened. He also mentioned that 146 persons have attended in Flu Clinic and 105 patients took benefit of daily e-consultation.
• Sh. K K Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal stated that the medical examination and screening of all vendors, hawkers, sanitary staff and other frontline employees have regularly been done. Special arrangements have been made for the supply of water to Bapu Dham Colony and Shanti Nagar.
• Sh. Vinod P. Kavle, Secretary, Food & Supplies stated that 40,000 families have already been distributed wheat and pulses in the city, thereby taking the figure to 63% of the total number of eligible beneficiary families.
• Manoj Parida, Adviser stated that a draft plan will be prepared for the activities to be regulated in the post-lockout phase as per direction of Hon’ble Prime Minister. He also stated that in view of Bapu Dham Colony’s episode, strict screening of all Health Workers has been ordered and the area sealed off.
• The Administrator appealed to the residents to strictly follow Social-Physical distancing norms and download Aarogya Setu Application.