ADMINISTRATOR REVIEWS ARRANGEMENTS IN THE CITY
24th April 2020
ADMINISTRATOR REVIEWS ARRANGEMENTS IN THE CITY : WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over Daily War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser, UT, Chandigarh and Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police at Raj Bhawan. The Administrator also interacted with Sh. Arun Gupta, Principal Secretary (Home), Sh. AK Sinha, Finance Secretary, Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation and Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh, Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services and Director Principal, GMCH through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. The Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT expressed his happiness that the number of Active Cases has been reduced to 12 today. Principal Secretary (Health) Sh. Arun Kumar Gupta informed that while the national recovery rate is 20%, recovery rate of Chandigarh is 56%. He also informed that Chandigarh ranks 3rd amongst the highest recovery states/Union Territories. The doubling rate of corona cases in Chandigarh is 30.26 days; as compared to national average of 8.6 days. The Administrator thanked the Doctors, Health Workers and the entire administrative hierarchy for the success in restricting the spread of COVID-19. He emphasized that regular screening of Vendors, Sanitation Workers, Delivery Boys, Hawkers etc. should be carried out throughout the city.
2. The Administrator also appealed to the Muslim brothers to conduct prayers inside homes on the occasion of Ramadan; instead of gathering in the Mosques.
• Sh. A K Sinha, Finance Secretary informed that the demands of the industrialists for relief are under examination. The decision of Government of India regarding the concessions towards bank loans is awaited.
• Sh. K K Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal stated that a new Control & Command Centre has been set up in Municipal Corporation office, which will regulate the anti-covid operations in the city. He also stated that the entire workforce of Municipal Corporation has been completely screened. The Administrator advised him to start cleaning roads, gullies and berms before the rainy season so that there is no water logging.
• Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner stated that 1.53 lac cooked food packets have been distributed among the destitutes and needy persons in various parts of the city yesterday. He also informed that 1.86 lac persons have downloaded Aarogya Setu Applications till date. Accumulated 4050 MT of wheat has been procured from the farmers till date.
• Sh. Vinod P. Kavle stated that wheat and pulses has been distributed to 34,500 families and a new coupon system has been introduced, so that there is no crowding at the site of distribution.
• Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police stated that more than 6,000 senior citizens have been personally contacted and their grievances settled. He further informed that a mechanism has been devised for returning of impounded vehicles through online applications
• Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser stated that a Special Drive is being conducted for examining the Inmates in the Jail, so that there is no outbreak of COVID-19 in the Jail premises.
• The Administrator appealed to the citizens to strictly follow the Curfew Orders and follow the hygiene practices as recommended by the doctors, so that the spread of corona could be contained in the capital city.