21st April 2020
Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over Daily War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser, UT, Chandigarh and Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police at Raj Bhawan. The Administrator also interacted with Sh. Arun Gupta, Principal Secretary (Home), Sh. AK Sinha, Finance Secretary, Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation and Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh, Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services and Director Principal, GMCH through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DECISIONS
The Administrator took the following decisions :-
1. The Hon’ble Administrator directed the Adviser to involve representatives and volunteers for effectively maintaining sealing of various colonies and areas and for enforcing social distance. He stated that the guidelines regarding volunteer training and utilization, as given by the Central Government in igot.gov.in should be circulated.
2. The Administrator directed Sh. Arun Kumar Gupta, Principal Secretary Health to ensure coordination among the three medical institutions handing testing and treatment of COVID cases. He stated that as per protocol necessary arrangements should be made to ensure that the persons are kept in isolation while their samples are getting tested in the laboratory.
3. The Administrator emphasized that those areas, which are being specifically sealed due to corona outbreak should be provided with door step delivery of vegetables and ration, so that they do not have to come out of their residential areas.
• Dr. G. Dewan, Director Health Services stated that screening of 9.15 lacs persons have been completed in the Union Territory. Wherever, any suspect cases are found, those persons are being shifted for further medical examination and testing of samples. Areas like Sector 47, 25, 27, 08, 11 and 44 have been mostly covered.
• Dr. B.S. Chavan, Director Principal, GMCH that 05 more departments including ENT, Ophthalmology, Pulmonary, Dermatology and Radio Thearpy have been added to the tele-medicine facility, being provided by GMCH.
• Sh. K K Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation stated that necessary screening of vendors, traders, hawkers and distributors of milk, delivery boys etc. have been completed through a special drive. He further stated that Municipal Corporation is taking special steps to ensure supply of essential items to Kacchi Colony, Dhanas and Sector 30-B, Chandigarh. Three water tanks have been sent there for supplying water in Kacchi Colony, Dhanas. He further informed that 105 buses with vegetables and fruits are being utilized for distributing the same in various parts of the city.
• Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner stated that 1,31,682 cooked food packets have been distributed among the destitutes and needy persons in various parts of the city. He also stated that 1,700 MT of wheat has been procured in Grain Market, Sector 39, Chandigarh.
• Sh. A K Sinha, Finance Secretary stated that necessary discussion is taking place with ESI Authorities for providing wages for the month of April, 2020 to the unemployed workers.
• Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police informed that 40 volunteers and Special Police Officers have been enlisted for helping strict implementation of curfew. He also stated that strict regulation of inter-state border point has been started. As many as 316 vehicles not carrying proper passes were returned from the border areas.
• Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser stated that for the convenience of the residents a list of plumbers, electricians and AC mechanics has been procured and publicized. People can avail their services on payment. He also informed the Administrator that Central Government has directed to stop use of rapid testing for the next 02 days till further clarification in the matter.
• The Administrator appealed to the PGIMER medical experts to research and find out new ways to contain corona through methods like Plasma and placenta therapy treatment and ultimate vaccine for the COVID - 19.