12 APRIL, 2020
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DAY
The Chandigarh Administration continued its strict implementation of curfew orders in the city with police intensifying checking of the borders and hauling of persons loitering outdoors without passes. Action was also taken against the people, who did not wear masks in public places.
• 59,440 cooked food packets were distributed among the destitutes and needy people in various parts of the city.
• Director Health Services continued its house to house screening operations. 64,061 persons were screened by 67 Medical Teams of Sector 16 Hospital in areas like Milk Colony, Dhanas, EWS Dhanas, Sector 20 and Sector 30, Chandigarh. Adviser Sh. Manoj Parida hoped that the entire city could be covered within a period of 10 days.
• The Market place in Sector 26 was strictly regulated and only the pass-holders were allowed entry after proper sanitization.
• Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation informed that the Sector 26 Market will remain closed after 02:00 PM on Monday for necessary cleaning and sanitization.
• Adviser Sh. Manoj Parida stated that the Administration is waiting for detailed orders from Central Government regarding functioning of offices. The Union Territory, Chandigarh will follow the Central Government pattern for operating important offices only with skeleton staff.
Sri V P Singh Badnore, Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT, Chandigarh assured the residents that adequate stock of vegetables,medicines,essential items are available and people should not resort to unnecessary overpurchasing.He advised the officers to maintain the supply line at all costs .He expressed satisfaction with the work of survey team doing door to door screening.He also thanked central government for extending full support to UT in fighting corona