ADMINISTRATOR REVIEWS ARRANGEMENTS IN THE CITY:WAR ROOM DECISIONS
7th April 2020
ADMINISTRATOR REVIEWS ARRANGEMENTS IN THE CITY : WAR ROOM DECISIONS
Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator Chandigarh, Sh. V P Singh Badnore presided over daily War Room meeting. The meeting was attended to by the Adviser, Sh. Manoj Parida, Sh Arun Gupta, Principal Secretary Home, Sh A K Sinha, Finance Secretary, Sh Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police, , Commissioner, MC, Deputy Commissioner. The Administrator also interacted with Deputy Commissioner’s of Mohali & Panchkula, Director, PHIMER, Director Health Services and Director Principal, GMCH through Video Conferencing. In daily review meetings Video conferencing is done to maintain social distancing . The major decisions taken today are as under :-
WAR ROOM BULLETIN
• Sh. Manoj Parida informed Hon’ble Governor that the number of positive cases has come down in Chandigarh to 11, which is an index of success of curfew measures and observation of social distancing by the residents. The Administrator congratulated the doctors and health workers for such miraculous results.
• During the video conference, the Administrator wsa informed that there was no shortage of medicines and safety gears. Additional PPEs and masks were also being procured. The Administrator directed Principal Secretary Health to prepare a city COVID Management Plan on the basis of guidelines issued by Government of India.
• Sh KK Yadav, Commissioner Municipal Corporation stated that after cleaning and sanitization of Sector 26 Mandi Market yesterday, the distribution of vegetables and fruits through CTU buses in the city have resumed today. The prices of all items are being pasted on the buses so that there is no over-pricing by the vendors. He also informed that special cleanliness drive has been launched in Faidan Village today.
• Sh Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner stated that 55,150 cooked food packets have been distributed among the destitutes in various parts of the city. He also stated that necessary arrangements have been made for use of Red Cross Ambulance for carrying dead bodies to the Cremation Ground. He further informed that families in Faidan Village has been given ration packets, so that the residents do not come out and all the prescribed norms are maintained.
• Sh Rubinderjit Singh Brar, Director Higher Education stated that online classes are being held for students in Class 9 and 11 through Google classes. The Administrator directed DHE to explore the possibility of providing the same for Classes from 1 to 8.
• Sh Sachin Rana, Director Technical Education stated that online teaching is being provided through Zoom application to ITI, Polytechnical, Engineering, Architectural classes etc. He also stated that 1434 students under Prime Minister Kaushal Vikas Yojana are also receiving skill training ONLINE through digital platforms.
• Sh. A K Sinha, Finance Secretary stated that the last date for payment of electricity and water charges has been submitted for extension.
• Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, DGP stated that the local Muslim community in Chandigarh has agreed to observe Shab-e-barat at their homes only instead of coming out.
• Sh Manoj Parida, Adviser stated that a detailed Covid 19 Management Plan covering all departments is under preparation and will be send to Government of India as best practice.
• Moreover, after detailed discussions, following decisions were also taken by the Administrator:-
1. Payment of water and electricity charges for the residents of Chandigarh will be deferred.
2. Payment of house rent for houses and rehabilitation colonies will be deferred.
3. It will be mandatory for the residents to use mask/cloth on face or mouth in public places.