2019 - Novel Corona Virus (nCoV)
2019 - Novel Corona Virus (nCoV)
COVID-19 or Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) has been declared as Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC) by World Health Organization (WHO) under International Health Regulation (IHR).
Following are the steps taken by Chandigarh Health Department to tackle the Novel Corona virus (nCoV) threat:-
Preparedness:- Isolation wards and ventilators are in place at all the 3 major hospitals of U.T. Chandigarh i.e. PGIMER, GMCH-32 and GMSH-16 & Adequate stock of Logistics is available with State Surveillance Unit and all the designated government hospitals.
Community surveillance and contact tracing: - Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP) cell is fully engaged in surveillance and contact tracing in community as well as surveillance of foreign guests from affected countries in Chandigarh hotels. Special formats for reporting from hotels to be filled at time of booking.
IEC Activities:- IEC activities are in full swing amongst general public as well as school and colleges. 4,425 students of 18 schools and 4 colleges have been made aware about nCoV. 92,034 houses have been covered and pamphlet distribution about do’s and don’ts with regard to nCoV has been done. Media bytes to various TV channels have also been given to create awareness amongst public. Advisories/ Press Notes have been issued/ released several times.
- On 13th February, 2020, 50 AYUSH and Allopathic doctors were sensitized regarding 2019 - novel Coronavirus (nCoV) at State Institute of Health & Family Welfare, GMSH-16, Chandigarh.
- On 14th February, 2020; 40 health personnel were trained regarding sampling, packaging & transportation procedures for sample of suspected novel Coronavirus patients by a team of doctors and technicians from department of virology, PGIMER.
- On 18th & 19th February, 2020: 120 Health Personnel (Doctors and Paramedical staff) were trained regarding various aspects of COVID-19 at GMCH-32.
- On 03rd March, 2020: Emergency staff nurses, ward servants and security staff of GMSH-16 were sensitized about disinfection procedures in hospitals in wake of COVID-19.
- On 04th March, 2020: Approximately 75 health care providers including HODs of all the Departments, Specialists, Medical Officers, Laboratory Technicians, Sister In charges of all wards, staff nurses and ward servants were sensitized regarding COVID-19.
Status of Surveillance of 2019-nCoV in Chandigarh on 05-03-2020
Number of new Passengers under surveillance today
Cumulative number of Passengers under surveillance as on today
Cumulative number of Foreign Passengers
Cumulative number of Migrated Foreign Passengers
Cumulative number of Passengers under home quarantine
Cumulative Number of passengers from Wuhan (China)
Cumulative number of Passengers completed home quarantine (28 Days)
Cumulative number of Passengers hospitalized
Cumulative Number of Samples sent
Cumulative Number of Samples found Negative
Cumulative Number of Samples found Positive
Cumulative Number of Samples - Result Awaited
Total Number of Hospitals for nCoV
Cumulative Number of beds available in the designated isolation wards
Cumulative Number of Ventilators available in the designated isolation wards