Administrator Launches Registration of New Vehicles (Non- transport) at Dealer Point
Chandigarh, 13th August 2019: The long awaited project i.e. “Registration of New Vehicles (Non- transport) at Dealer Points has been inaugurated today by Sh. V.P. Singh Badnore, Hon’ble Governor of Punjab & Administrator, U.T., Chandigarh at UT State Guest House, Chandigarh.
At the onset, Sh. Virat, RLA, Chandigarh gave a presentation on the earlier registration process and the changes in the current process i.e. Registration at Dealer point. He explained in details the advantages of the dealer point registration which can be summarized as below:
1) Now the customer will be getting a regular number after deposition of Road Tax and required documents at the dealer point.
2) Now the file for registration (Non-transport) will be prepared by the dealer and submitted to the RLA office, thereby creating convenience to the general public.
3) There won’t any physical inspection by the RLA office and the consumer won’t have to go to Sector 42 for passing of vehicle (Non- transport) through the Motor Vehicle Inspector. Now the passing will be done by the dealer only.
4) Now the consumer won’t have to take online appointment for submission of file and also he won’t have to stand in queue as the dealer will submit the file.
5) Now the consumer won’t have to visit the RLA office for incomplete documentation or any other objection as the dealer will ensure complete documentation.
6) In case of fancy number, now the consumer can participate in the auction of fancy number even before the purchase of vehicle (Non- transport).
7) Now the applicant can book the choice number online before purchase of new vehicle (Non-transport).
However, the dispatch of the registration (Non-transport) will be done by the RLA as earlier after the approval of the RC. Chandigarh will be using NTRP (Non Tax Receipt Portal) gateway for making payment directly into the consolidated fund of India.
Sh. Arun Kumar Gupta, Home Secretary, U.T., Chandigarh, Sh. Ajoy Kumar Sinha, Finance Secretary , Sh. Ajay Kumar Singla Secretary Transport , Sh. Mandeep Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, Sh. K.K. Yadav, Municipal Corporation Commissioner, , Sh. Harish Nayyar, Special Secretary Finance, Sh. Vivek Verma, SIO (NIC), ADC, RLA and all the SDMs were present at the occasion.