Review of the Targets and Action plan of Sports Department, U.T., Chandigarh
Chandigarh, 3rd July 2019: Being passionate for Sports and enthusiastic for befitting Sports Development in U.T., Chandigarh, Sh. V.P. Singh Badnore, Administrator, U.T., Chandigarh convened a meeting of Officers of Sports Department, U.T., Chandigarh and other Senior Officers of Chandigarh Administration to take a stock of the status of the varied target and action plan of Sports Department, U.T, Chandigarh in this fiscal year.
The following issues were discussed, resolved and approved by the Administrator in the meeting:-
1. Accreditation of Academies :- It was shared that Chandigarh Hockey Academy for Boys under the operation & management of Chandigarh Sports Council has been accredited by Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports (MYAS / Sports Authority of India (SAI), GOI under Khelo India Scheme of MYAS / SAI, GOI and the requisite MOU has been signed and the selected hockey talent from across India will be professionally groomed at this academy by Mr. Deepak Thakur, Hockey Olympian who has been taken on board to Coach the said Hockey incumbents.
Expression of Interest / Application for Accreditation of Chandigarh Football Academy for Boys on the pattern of Chandigarh Hockey Academy has been sent to the concerned quarters of MYAS / SAI, GOI under Khelo India Scheme and will be accredited soon.
The Administrator directed concerned Officers of Sports Department, U.T., Chandigarh to follow up the matter with Concerned MYAS / SAI, GOI’s Department pertaining to Khelo India Scheme for expeditious outcome.
2. Construction of Synthetic Athletic Tracks at Sports Complexes, Sectors – 7, Chandigarh :- The said Athletic track has been duly approved by the Administrator and rough cost estimate for the same is being prepared by the concerned Engineering Department, U.T., Chandigarh on war footing and has also directed that there is no need of approval of Heritage Committee. The Administrator has also directed Chief Architecture Department for accomplishment of the modalities immediately.
3. Proposal for water sports development at Lake Sports Complex:-
The Administrator has approved water sports development at Lake Sports Complex and prior to that the requisite wet dredging for removal of silt to pave the way for requisite 2 km clear water course before the onset of monsoon was duly approved l. The Concerned Engineering Department was given the necessary instructions regarding the same.
4. Construction of World Class Shooting Range at Sarangpur, Chandigarh:- Since the Administrator has already approved the said shooting project and the modalities are being worked out for the same but during this interim stage, It has been directed to organize a shooting camp as well as a Shooting Competition at the existing shooting range, Sector – 25, Chandigarh in November, 2019 with collaboration of Police Department, U.T., Chandigarh.
5. Sports Gradation:- The process of sports gradation certificates to the players for their academic fulfilment was concluded on 30.06.2019 and a total 520 players were issued sports gradation certificates by the Sports Department, U.T., Chandigarh in tandem with its Sports Gradation policy.
6. Sports Scholarship:-Scholarship to the first, second and third positions holders of bonafide players of Chandigarh to the tune of Rs. 78,88,600/- has been disbursed for the year 2017-18 and Cash Award for the year 2018-19 will be disbursed as early as possible.
7 Cash Award:- Cash Award for the achievement of Chandigarh players at International for the year 2017-18 will be disbursed by the Chandigarh Sports Council before August, 2019 after following due process.
8 Summer Coaching Camp:- ummer Coaching Camp of all the sports disciplines was organized by the Sports Department, U.T., Chandigarh at all its Coaching Centres from 12th to 28th June, 2019 which was attended by numerous players with zeal and commitment and Sports Department Chandigarh distributed nourishing refreshment / diet free of cost to the campers.
9 High Altitude Summer Coaching Camp:-Chandigarh Sports Council organized High Altitude Summer Coaching Camp at High Altitude Training Centre, SAI at Shillaroo, HP for its Chandigarh Football and Hockey Academy players from 3rd June to 4th July, 2019 which benefited the players for their physical & physiological fitness development.
10. Sports Events / Tournaments:- Chandigarh Sports Department has planned to organize Inter School Tournaments for U-14 and U-19 in August, 2019 and October, 2019 respectively, whereas, Sports Department, U.T., Chandigarh has planned to celebrate National Sports Day 2019 in August, 2019 to commemorate the birth Anniversary of Hockey legend Major Dhyan Chand.
Sh. Manoj Kumar Parida, IAS, Adviser to the Administrator, Sh. J.M Balamurugan, IAS, Principal Secretary to Governor Punjab , Sh. Sanjay Baniwal, IPS, DGP, U.T., Chandigarh, Sh. Ajoy Kumar Sinha, IAS, Finance Secretary, U.T., Chandigarh, Sh. B.L Sharma, IAS, Secretary Education & Personnel, U.T., Chandigarh, Sh. Jitender Yadav, IAS, Secretary Sports, U.T., Chandigarh, Sh. Kapil Setia, Chief Architect, U.T., Chandigarh, Sh. Tejdeep Singh Saini, PCS, Director Sports, U.T., Chandigarh were also present during the meeting.