“Order 144 to prevent bursting of firecrackers and Chinese/imported crackers or other fireworks within the Territorial jurisdiction of Chandigarh"
Chandigarh, 14th June, 2019: It has been made to appear to Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, I.A.S., District Magistrate, Chandigarh that there is use/bursting of firecrackers or other fireworks by the pubic/persons which causes noise/air pollution and is likely to create annoyance and injury to the health of general public and there is a need to prevent the user bursting of firecrackers and Chinese/imported crackers or other fireworks within the Territorial jurisdiction of Chandigarh.
Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, I.A.S., District Magistrate, Chandigarh exercising the powers/authority vested under Section 144 of the Cr. P.C. do hereby, orders as following:-
- There shall be complete ban on use/bursting of firecrackers and other fire-works at any time and day, except (the time and days specified in orders dated 31.10.2018 passed in CM-16486-2018 in CWP-23548-2017 passed by the Hon’ble Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh), within the territorial limits of U.T. , Chandigarh.
- The sale of firecrackers by the temporary licensees granted by the office of the District Magistrate, Chandigarh shall only be in the areas, which are designated in the temporary licence and no temporary licensee shall sell firecrackers or market them at any other place except the earmarked/designated area.
- The manufacturing, sale or use of firecrackers generating noise level exceeding 125 dB(A1) or 145dB (C) pk at 4 meters distance from the point of bursting & for individual fire cracker constituting the series, the said limit reduced by 5 log 10 (N) dB, where N= number of crackers joined together, shall be banned.
- Every manufacture shall on the box of each firecracker, mention details of its chemical contents and that it satisfies the requirement as laid by the Department of explosives.
- There shall be complete ban on sale firecrackers of other fire works by any person without any valid license or permit issued by any competent authority.
- This order shall come into force with immediate effect utpo and including 01.08.2019.