Chandigarh, 12th February, 2019: It has been made to appear to Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, I.A.S., District Magistrate, Chandigarh that during the festival period, noise pollution caused by bursting/usage of fire crackers and Chinese/imported crackers is likely to create annoyance and cause injury to the health of general public and that there is a need to prevent the same by restricting the bursting/usage of fire crackers and other fire-works, within Chandigarh.
Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, I.A.S., District Magistrate, Chandigarh exercising the powers/authority vested under Section 144 of the Cr.P.C. do hereby, order:
- (i) The time slots and duration to burst firecrackers and display of fireworks on Diwali or any other festivals would be from 08:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M. only.
(ii) However, on the occasion of Gurpurab(s), it would be permissible to burst firecrackers even in the morning for an hour from 04:00 A.M. to 05:00 A.M. and for one hour in the evening, i.e. 09:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.
(iii) And, on Christmas and New Year eve, it would be form 11:55 P.M. till 12:30 A.M. only.
- There shall be complete ban on bursting of firecrackers and other fire-works at any time and day, other than the above, within the territorial limits of U.T., Chandigarh, w.e.f. zero hours on 29.01.2019 and including 29.03.2019.
- The sale of firecrackers by the temporary licensees granted by the office of the under-signed shall only be in the areas, which are designated in the temporary licence and no temporary licensee shall sell firecrackers or market them at any other place except the earmarked/designated area.
- The manufacturing, sale or use of firecrackers generating noise level exceeding 125 dB (AI) or 145 dB (C) pk at 4 meters distance from the point of bursting & for individual fire cracker constituting the series, the said limit reduced by 5 log 10 (N) dB, where N=number of crackers joined together, shall be banned.
- Every manufacturer shall on the box of each firecracker, mention details of its chemical contents and that it satisfies the requirement as laid by the department of Explosives.